Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 6:16 pm

To make crap for the sake of getting ratings from an entire hate-watch audience? To continue something that nobody likes, but they'll watch it anyway because everything that was better was cancelled and/or removed? To contribute to popular culture's continued downward spiral inside the toilet bowl?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 7:39 pm

LOL! I knew as soon as I saw "Is it a good idea..." that there would be a point whose answer would probably be "No."
I mean no disrespect from my "laugh out loud."

I use to watch Alphas and at the end of season 2, they ended on a cliffhanger. Then they canceled it. At the time, that really disappointed me. It still pisses me off a little when I think about it, or when am foolish enough to watch it on streaming and it comes to the end of season 2. There is something about building a story arc and then not bringing it to a conclusion that is really sad. See J.K. Rowling did it all wrong. She upheld her end of the story telling bargain, and wrote the seventh book. She should have just cancel book seven, and started writing limericks.

Story arcs. They are so over rated. Let's point a camera at an ant hill, and drop a used up piece of chicken next to it. Reality TV. Maybe have multiple cameras and a laugh track. That was my bitter sarcasm. Probably should not be advertised to KFC.

Pushing Daisies was the same way. Build a story, get invested in the characters and the story, and then steer the cancellation asteroid into that world.

It just occurred to me that "Is it a good idea..." might be a rhetorical topic. Did something you enjoyed recently get canceled? I'm sorry.

Minuteman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2023, 8:24 pm

I'd much rather see something daring and risky than a remake or a blatant ripoff. Do we really need a reboot of Night Court?

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2023, 10:28 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
LOL! I knew as soon as I saw "Is it a good idea..." that there would be a point whose answer would probably be "No."

I use to watch Alphas and at the end of season 2, they ended on a cliffhanger. Then they canceled it. At the time, that really disappointed me. It still pisses me off a little when I think about it, or when am foolish enough to watch it on streaming and it comes to the end of season 2. There is something about building a story arc and then not bringing it to a conclusion that is really sad. See J.K. Rowling did it all wrong. She upheld her end of the story telling bargain, and wrote the seventh book. She should have just cancel book seven, and started writing limericks.

Story arcs. They are so over rated. Let's point a camera at an ant hill, and drop a used up piece of chicken next to it. Reality TV. Maybe have multiple cameras and a laugh track. That was my bitter sarcasm. Probably should not be advertised to KFC.

Pushing Daisies was the same way. Build a story, get invested in the characters and the story, and then steer the cancellation asteroid into that world.

It just occurred to me that "Is it a good idea..." might be a rhetorical topic. Did something you enjoyed recently get canceled? I'm sorry.

Quite a lot of shows, some I haven't even started yet, have been cancelled and removed from streaming...permanently. The questions I ask do refer to a certain TV Show that is the elephant in the room. I shall not name it. There's a prize if you or anyone can guess what it is.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 12:19 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:

Quite a lot of shows, some I haven't even started yet, have been cancelled and removed from streaming...permanently. The questions I ask do refer to a certain TV Show that is the elephant in the room. I shall not name it. There's a prize if you or anyone can guess what it is.

Sorry.

I shouldn't have picked on the idea of a reality show about ants. That actually might be interesting as a limited series. Some people might enjoy it. Some people may find it dumb as ants.

Which shows were you looking forward to? Maybe it is not a good idea to dwell on that. Sometimes talking about shows like Alphas can get me needlessly worked up. I'm sure there are people that did not like the show. They thought it was derivative of Heroes or Heroes was derivative of X-Men. There were people that didn't like it even if they did not watch it, and they did not watch it because they did not like it. I'm sure there were people that thought it was foolish nonsense. It's all very subjective. Such is life.

I'm not sure what the "elephant in the room" is. You do not need to say more about it. A mystery is nice. Perhaps it is Star Wars related, or perhaps Batgirl. I hope someone guesses it. :)

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 12:34 pm

pcgoblin wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:

Sorry.

I shouldn't have picked on the idea of a reality show about ants. That actually might be interesting as a limited series. Some people might enjoy it. Some people may find it dumb as ants.

Which shows were you looking forward to? Maybe it is not a good idea to dwell on that. Sometimes talking about shows like Alphas can get me needlessly worked up. I'm sure there are people that did not like the show. They thought it was derivative of Heroes or Heroes was derivative of X-Men. There were people that didn't like it even if they did not watch it, and they did not watch it because they did not like it. I'm sure there were people that thought it was foolish nonsense. It's all very subjective. Such is life.

I'm not sure what the "elephant in the room" is. You do not need to say more about it. A mystery is nice. Perhaps it is Star Wars related, or perhaps Batgirl. I hope someone guesses it. :)

One show I was looking forward to was Close Enough. I was gonna watch it after I finished Regular Show. It's gone now.

pcgoblin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 2:26 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:
pcgoblin wrote:

Sorry.

One show I was looking forward to was Close Enough. I was gonna watch it after I finished Regular Show. It's gone now.

I love Regular Show.
I see what you mean about Close Enough. It looks like it was on HBOMax, possibly on Netflix at one time (?), and now it's not there. I have looked for where it is available. I have not found any place that has it free. That's always annoying. Amazon has is for $22.99 per season. Vudu has it for $14.99 per season.
It looks like a fun show.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jan 2023, 4:17 pm

Minuteman wrote:
Do we really need a reboot of Night Court?

Yes, absolutely. People love that show, they'll watch because of the name.
But we need to change some things. First off, night is scary, so it'll be during the day. And no one likes to go to court, so we'll set it at a diner.

So, what's the show called?

Night Court. :x

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う