Page 3 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 6:13 pm

usagibryan wrote:
I wouldn't call myself a musician, but I've been trying to learn piano on and off for some time now. I've recorded myself playing and uploaded videos of my progress to my YouTube channel.

I discovered flat.io (kind of like MuseScore) because I wanted to practice reading music and hear what sheet music sounded like, but I discovered I could make my own music on the computer this way.

I've uploaded some of these to SoundCloud. I've been told my music sounds like something from an old SNES RPG.

I'm very interested in learning how to use FL Studio, I downloaded a trial version but it looks so complicated I'm not sure where to start. I have zero experience with using a DAW.

You play pretty good. :cheers: Keep it up.

I learned how to use my DAW through a combo of watching youtube vids, and just poking around with things. Youtube videos helped a lot. Not all DAWs are created equal, and many people have to try a few out to find one that suits their workflow. MixCraft and Ableton both have free versions as well, IIRC.

funeralxempire wrote:
uncommondenominator wrote:
What kinda punk you like? I cut my teeth on UK punk and New Wave, stuff like Siouxsie and the Banshees, Greatest Cockney Ripoffs, and X-Ray Specs, and just kept adding from there. The Vandals, Sex Pistols, Black Flag, New Order, early stuff by The Offspring, Iggy Pop, Dropkick Murhpy, Snot, Dead Kennedys, Transplants, etc etc - ended up getting into Ska in the process.

I like stuff like Discharge; I like stuff like DRI, Uncle Slam, etc; I like stuff like Mohinder, Heroin, The Swing Kids, etc; I like stuff like Saetia, Orchid, Love Lost But Not Forgotten, etc; I like bands like Spazz, Charles Bronson, Chulo I really like Agathocles, Archagathus, Insect Warfare, Pig Destroyer, Terrorizer, Brutal Truth, etc.

I have never heard of most of these groups. Gave them a listen, they sound pretty slick. Reminds me of a lot of the metal-punk I used to listen to. Puya, Primer 55, Kittie... Good stuff.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 7:40 pm

I also have a music channel: https://www.youtube.com/@willardlosingersmusicchann569

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2023, 7:48 pm

uncommondenominator wrote:
I have never heard of most of these groups. Gave them a listen, they sound pretty slick. Reminds me of a lot of the metal-punk I used to listen to. Puya, Primer 55, Kittie... Good stuff.

Kinda similar, but with blastbeats. :mrgreen:

I like the first two Kittie albums, but sorta forgot all about them.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う