Does having the flashy cars and stuff make you a man ?

Page 3 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 9:35 pm

they sure did when i was in the army.

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 12:56 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean andrew tate is in trouble for human trafficking and rape, I do not think that is someone anyone should look up to. That said I don't think most women really care about if you have a fancy car or not.

I don't know why he even still has large following of fans despite that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 12:58 pm

chris1989 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
I mean andrew tate is in trouble for human trafficking and rape, I do not think that is someone anyone should look up to. That said I don't think most women really care about if you have a fancy car or not.

Think of who his fanbase is (misogynists) and it starts to make sense.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 7:57 am

What “makes you a man” is treating people decently, not sponging off people, being a gentleman to a woman, and not being a jerk in general.

Did Clint Eastwood ever have a fancy car?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 10:19 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Did Clint Eastwood ever have a fancy car?

Several:

Quote:
Clint Eastwood isn’t just an acclaimed filmmaker, actor, producer, composer, and most likely the toughest man alive—he’s an automobile aficionado who has owned many cherished cars throughout his life. The collection includes a Gran Torino Sport, two Ferraris, and an Austin Healey 100M.

1992 GMC Typhoon
Original MSRP: $29,530
Avg. current price: $25,433
Engine: Turbocharged 4.3 L V6
Perhaps not the first vehicle to pop into one’s head when imagining what one of the most famous film stars of all time drives, but Eastwood is apparently quite the fan of the mid-size GMC Typhoon SUV.

Likened as a muscle car for SUVs,the Typhoon was a rare sport utility vehicle that could compete on speed and power with some of the fastest cars on the road upon its release in 1992. The Typhoon sports a turbocharged, 4.3 L V6 engine with 280 horsepower, and goes 0 to 60 miles per hour in an eye-popping 5.6 seconds.
This blazingly fast truck is a rarity on the road—just 4,697 of them were produced during the two years the Typhoon was in production. So, of course this icon of masculinity has one.

1975 Ferrari 365 Berlinetta Boxer
Original MSRP: Unavailable
Avg. current price: $270,917
Engine: Mid-mounted flat 12-cylinder engine
Eastwood has owned at least two Ferraris in his lifetime—one of them being the 1975 Ferrari 365 Berlinetta Boxer. This was the first Ferrari to display the now-famous Cavallino Rampante (prancing horse logo) badge that has become synonymous with the brand.

The Berlinetta Boxer is one mean Cavallino. Its 12 cylinder boasts 360 horsepower for a ride befitting Italian royalty—or a famous American movie star. It features pop-up headlights and a 5-speed manual transmission. Between 1973 and 1976, Ferrari produced just 387 Berlinetta Boxers and 88of them were right-hand drives destined for England (for our money, we’re certain Eastwood could have handled it just fine).
This Ferrari was originally sold in Italy and Eastwood purchased it in 1977. He installed a custom roof on this ride and enjoyed it until 1985 when he sold it.

1972 Ford Gran Torino Sport
Original MSRP: $3,094
Avg. current price: $5,175
Engine: 5.7 L Cobra Jet V8
Of course, Eastwood rejuvenated the image of Ford’s Gran Torino Sport by making it a key part of his 2008 film Gran Torino. His production company bought the 1972 Gran Torino Sport off eBay for the film—and once it wrapped, Eastwood bought it for himself!

And why wouldn’t he want this muscular set of wheels? The ‘72 GTS featured a beastly, 5.7 L Cobra Jet V8 engine with a 4-barrel carburetor, 300 horsepower, and 0 to 60 time of a hair under7 seconds.It also featured Magnum 500 wheels, slick Goodrich radials, gold laser stripes, and a black vinyl top.
Ford produced 92,033 Gran Torino Sports with their fearsome look and Coke-bottle styling. Eastwood doesn’t own the production car from the film anymore—it now rests at the Warner Bros. Studio Picture Car Museum.

Lincoln K Series Convertible
Original MSRP: $4,700
Avg. current price: $100,482
Engine: 6.8 L V12 engine
In his 1982 film Honkytonk Man, Clint Eastwood plays a Depression-era country singer afflicted with tuberculosis who heads out on one last tour with his young nephew (played by Eastwood’s son, Kyle) in a search for the fame that has eluded him. Their vehicle for their road trip was a 1937 Lincoln K Series Convertible,a beast of a vehicle that was the height of luxury in its day.

Built by the Lincoln Motor Company (later swallowed up by Ford), the K Series Convertible was an exclusive set of wheels when it rolled off the line. It featured a 6.8 L V12 engine with 120 horsepower and a 3-speed manual transmission. Lincoln produced the K Series Convertible from 1931 to 1940.

Eastwood bought the K Series after the film wrapped.

1955 Austin Healey 100M
Original MSRP: Unavailable
Avg. current price: $169,933
Engine: Front-mounted in-line 4 cylinder engine with 110 horsepower
As is probably obvious, Clint Eastwood has an eye for speed—and the fact that he owned a 1955Austin-Healey 100M sports car shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. Initially unveiled in 1952, this British, whirling dervish-of-a-sports car was unique in that it could hit 100 miles per hour, a rarity during the 1950s and 1960s.
The Austin-Healey 100M featured rear-wheel drive, a stiffer suspension, and 110 horsepower, ideal for whipping around the English countryside (or the hills of Southern California).
Eastwood owned the Austin-Healey 100M during the late 1950s. Since then, the model has become a collector’s item.

1977 Pontiac Special Edition Trans Am
Original MSRP: $8,082
Avg. current price: $76,000
Engine: 6.6 L engine with 300 horsepower
The year 1977 saw the release of a very famous film—Star Wars. That same year, another very popular film was released—Smokey and the Bandit, starring Burt Reynolds. Clint Eastwood wasn’t involved in either film, but he loved Reynolds’ character’s ride—a 1977 Pontiac Special Edition Trans Am—so much that he bought one for himself.
The ‘77 Trans Am epitomizes the muscle car era. It featured a firebird decal on its hood and a brute-force 6.6 L engine with 300 horsepower. The Trans Am boasted a top speed of 118 miles per hour and its 0 to 60 miles per hour time was 9.3 seconds. That may be slow by today’s standards, but in its day, it was a mean road-running machine.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 1:28 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That's the scary part, that there are a bunch of people out there that are ok with that and still look up to him.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 1:46 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

That's the scary part, that there are a bunch of people out there that are ok with that and still look up to him.

Agreed.
It's just not surprising that those people look up to him, he's pretty close to what they'd like to be, as sad as that is.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 11:09 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

Same with Cosby.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

traven
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 2:14 am

try...

:jester: :mrgreen:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 2:50 am

traven wrote:
try...

:jester: :mrgreen:

"To be a man, you must have honor, honor and a peeeeeeeenis".

--Shin-Chan

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 4:55 am

clint eastwood had a property he stayed at in colorado near denver, when there he kept a low profile by driving an old pickup, i think it was a ford.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

30 Jan 2023, 5:47 am

In my social circles, we have a saying:

When does a boy become a man?

When he starts to earn for his toys.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 6:09 am

I avoid doing things that attract attention to me.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 6:28 am

i'm sure having a mint condition '93 mary kay pink cadillac sedan de ville won't call too much attention to me. :nerdy:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 12:05 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i'm sure having a mint condition '93 mary kay pink cadillac sedan de ville won't call too much attention to me. :nerdy:

Replace '93 with '59 and you got it going on.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 5:30 pm

Absolutely not!

I don't drive because I never got my driver's license and I am okay with this.