Classified documents found in Pence’s home

Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 2:17 pm

The funniest part about this is pence gave some interviews about Biden, blah blah blah treat him just like trump's docs! :lol:

Persephone29 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
So, (a) how many of them have engaged in this sort of behaviour and (b) how many denied it, refused to cooperate, etc like Donnie did?

So far Pence and Biden appear to have been cooperative and like they recognize this as a serious matter, at least compared to Trump.

Such a self-serving statement ( because you don't like Donald Trump his classifieds are soooooo much worse ). Joe Biden has reams of boxes, not reams of documents, but reams of boxes of documents. Do you realize how pathetic it sounds when you defend that by saying he 'complied?' He didn't comply, he's being fed to the wolves. THAT more than anything else should scare the crap out of all of us. They all do it, they aren't the ones running the show. We think that because we vote for them that they are in charge, they aren't. Something bigger is at play here and I honestly don't care about who turns up next with documents. We're being snake charmed.

Umm, these other dudes retained some docs - maybe knowingly, maybe not - and then complied with returning them and dealing with whatever fallout there may be.

trumplestiltskin stole hundreds and hundreds of docs, lied about it, refused to return them, tried to conceal it multiple times, didn't comply with subpoenas for their return, lied about returning everything etc etc etc - can you not see the difference between their cases? :?

So many things in law enforcement escalate dramatically when you're dishonest and try to conceal or cover things up. Declare something at the border, no problem. Smuggle it and get caught, problem. Lie about smuggling it and continue to attempt to conceal it etc = ever higher level offence, penalties, charges and fines. Same same for the documents case and so many other crimes - that's why they say the cover up is often worse than the crime, and carries far worse penalties. trump's case is apples to orangeman different than the other two. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Stop pretending they're even remotely close to the same.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 6:06 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
Do you really believe that all of them aren't hedging their bets by having classified documents?

I believe Yes

I believe Hanlon's Razor applies.

And I believe Pence and Biden would recognize that they were inviting bad consequences if they walked off with classified documents.

If you want to benefit from stealing classified documents you'd want to sell them as soon as possible to a foreign adversary. The longer you kept the documents the more chance there is of getting caught and also the information would become less saleable.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jan 2023, 11:53 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
So, (a) how many of them have engaged in this sort of behaviour and (b) how many denied it, refused to cooperate, etc like Donnie did?

So far Pence and Biden appear to have been cooperative and like they recognize this as a serious matter, at least compared to Trump.

Such a self-serving statement ( because you don't like Donald Trump his classifieds are soooooo much worse ). Joe Biden has reams of boxes, not reams of documents, but reams of boxes of documents. Do you realize how pathetic it sounds when you defend that by saying he 'complied?' He didn't comply, he's being fed to the wolves. THAT more than anything else should scare the crap out of all of us. They all do it, they aren't the ones running the show. We think that because we vote for them that they are in charge, they aren't. Something bigger is at play here and I honestly don't care about who turns up next with documents. We're being snake charmed.

What’s sauce for the goose is also sauce for the gander.

Personally, Biden should also be impeached and thrown out of office, as well as jailed. Trump and Pence should be arrested, tried and jailed.

I worked as a contractor Employee for DoD back in the 90’s. If I had access to classified documents th as t I took, the FBI would be on my fat a$$ to arrest my before I had a chance to think, been tried and convicted before I knew what was taking place.

I’m so damn glad I no longer have to deal with that bull$h!t!

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 6:55 pm

Double Retired wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Do you really believe that all of them aren't hedging their bets by having classified documents?

I believe Yes

I believe Hanlon's Razor applies.

And I believe Pence and Biden would recognize that they were inviting bad consequences if they walked off with classified documents.

If you want to benefit from stealing classified documents you'd want to sell them as soon as possible to a foreign adversary. The longer you kept the documents the more chance there is of getting caught and also the information would become less saleable.

They want him to be caught ( Biden ). The good thing about my theories is that you'll only have a small amount of time to wait.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 7:05 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Are you really pretending that everyone who recognizes differences between the cases only does so because they dislike Trump?

You might as well insist there's no such things as nuance or details.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 9:26 pm

Hierarchy of problematic behavior, per a conservative legal analysis podcast I follow:

Most problematic: Trump. Repeated requests for the documents intentionally ignored, including a clear false statement on their existence.

Medium problematic: Biden. Documents initially found by accident, followed by chosen due diligence, but delay in notifying Justice.

Least problematic: Pence. Chosen due diligence and immediate voluntary involvement of Justice.

People make mistakes. Its what you do after discovery that usually defines your level of legal responsibility.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 5:10 pm

Yahoo! News, attributed to ABC News:

"National Archives asks former presidents and vice presidents to check for outstanding classified material"

Quote:
The National Archives has asked the offices of recent former presidents and vice presidents to review personal documents for any outstanding classified material or presidential records that have not been properly returned to the U.S. government, according to a letter obtained Thursday by ABC News.

The communication specifically refers to any material thought to be personal that might "inadvertently" contain presidential records, adding that "the responsibility to comply with the [Presidential Records Act] does not diminish after the end of an administration."

Sent via e-mail to the various offices, the letter opens by stating, "There have been several instances reported in the media where records containing classified information and subject to the Presidential Record Act (PRA) have been identified outside the physical custody of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). While much of the attention around these instances has focused on classified information, the PRA requires that all Presidential records of every Administration from Reagan onward must be transferred to NARA, regardless of classification status."

If they find anything I'm guessing few will claim psychic declassification powers.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 5:29 pm

Double Retired wrote:
If they find anything I'm guessing few will claim psychic declassification powers.

A lot of people are saying I can declassify things just by thinking about it but what they won't tell you is that I can also declassify things without thinking about it - like - just accidentally sometimes and they - they don't even know what I've declassified because if they asked I wouldn't even remember all of it, I mean, what about the things I declassified without thinking about it? How do they expect me to remember when I wasn't even thinking about it, it just happened because as President you have all sorts of power and the nuclear football and, you have to be careful playing football with that - I never spiked it after a touchdown, not once, and not just because I'm a very humble person - the most humble ever, some people are saying - but also because it was nukular and we know the devastation and power those bombs have - the sort of power that only a man as powerful and humble as I am might be trusted with.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 7:27 pm

I am saying that, were they not trying to take down Trump they would not care about the documents. Because they want Trump, they are willing to sacrifice Biden. Biden's braindead anyway, he won't be re-elected, but they don't want him dividing the loyalties of the democratic ticket by running again. He's being sacrificed.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 8:34 pm

:lol:

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 9:15 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The funniest part about this is pence gave some interviews about Biden, blah blah blah treat him just like trump's docs! :lol:

Persephone29 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Umm, these other dudes retained some docs - maybe knowingly, maybe not - and then complied with returning them and dealing with whatever fallout there may be.

trumplestiltskin stole hundreds and hundreds of docs, lied about it, refused to return them, tried to conceal it multiple times, didn't comply with subpoenas for their return, lied about returning everything etc etc etc - can you not see the difference between their cases? :?

So many things in law enforcement escalate dramatically when you're dishonest and try to conceal or cover things up. Declare something at the border, no problem. Smuggle it and get caught, problem. Lie about smuggling it and continue to attempt to conceal it etc = ever higher level offence, penalties, charges and fines. Same same for the documents case and so many other crimes - that's why they say the cover up is often worse than the crime, and carries far worse penalties. trump's case is apples to orangeman different than the other two. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Stop pretending they're even remotely close to the same.

As long as it's applied across the board that sounds excellent.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 9:38 pm

The orange guy is the only one who stole and hid stuff and refused to give it back when asked then subpoena’s, then lied about having returned everything, declassifying everything with his mind etc etc etc sooo why would everyone else get the same things applied to them as him?

The same rules apply to everyone. He’s the only one that broke them all.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 5:33 pm

From Yahoo!, attributed to AP: "Leaders are meant to keep state secrets. Just not at home."

Quote:
Democrats responded with aggrieved fury when former President Donald Trump was found in possession of classified documents that should have been turned over to the government when he left office. Then disclosures that President Joe Biden also mishandled secret papers set loose a Republican "well, what about” roar.

Now, with another discovery of classified documents, this time at the home of Trump's vice president, Mike Pence, the partisan finger-pointing seems to be melting into a chorus of mortification from Democrats and Republicans.

The highest U.S. secrets, it now appears, are not necessarily safe with the highest officials. Not when they're in the hands of Trump, who disdains the rules and customs of government, and not in the hands of Biden and Pence, who subscribe to them.

“What the hell’s going on around here?” asked Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee, when asked about Pence.

“Obviously there’s a systemic problem in the executive branch," Rubio said. "We're talking about two successive administrations from two different parties, with officials at the top level having, in their possession, documents in places that they don’t belong.”

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 10:21 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The orange guy is the only one who stole and hid stuff and refused to give it back when asked then subpoena’s, then lied about having returned everything, declassifying everything with his mind etc etc etc sooo why would everyone else get the same things applied to them as him?

The same rules apply to everyone. He’s the only one that broke them all.

Because the rules are different for Republicans. Joe didn't have to steal, hide or refuse to give them back because nobody cared that he had them. Trump just did what Joe has done for the past 8 years, remove documents for his own personal reasons. And he refused because he knew it was going on right under the same noses that were after him, but nothing was being done about it.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 10:54 pm

They all carried stuff home.Even George.
Have they looked at Mount Vernon yet?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 11:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Are you really pretending that everyone who recognizes differences between the cases only does so because they dislike Trump?

You might as well insist there's no such things as nuance or details.

Biden's own party is trying to get rid of him because Biden doesn't know when to quit politics.
I hope they succeed.