Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Canadian1911
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Jan 2023, 8:17 pm

I still consider myself lucky to live in Canada, where I get disability income monthly, as someone who struggles with finding stable work due to not only autism, but other disabilities.

I am at least able to rent, pay my phone bill, and then have some money left, even without working. I just lucked out that I pay low rent due to renting from parents. The rental money also does help out my parents as well, so it's a mutually beneficial arrangement.

At least now in my province I can make $1000 work related income monthly, without having any of my benefits reduced, which is why I am currently seeking part-time work.

Overall though, I still prefer Canada over the United States that's for sure. Though there's always things to complain about no matter where you live.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 8:40 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Look at how Americans will raise millions of dollars for a crisis, but vote against services providing help to avoid a crisis.

Same s**t here. Millions and Millions get spent on emergency services, cops, paramedics, ER, etc etc crisis stuff when everyone Knows an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2023, 8:42 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
other places. The people who run theme can live large off the proceeds (embezzlement) and the money barely hits the ground. It seems to be a common problem that's been given the title of 'the homelessness industrial complex'.

Yep. The machine is alive and well here.

Slumlords & drug dealers take the lion’s share. Other players divvy up the rest.