You can’t be good looking if your short?

Page 2 of 6 [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2023, 7:33 pm

Some girls aren't attracted to shorter guys. Some guys aren't attracted to shorter girls. YOU YOURSELF admittedly prefer taller women. People are allowed to have preferences. Just cos some people have a specific preference, that doesn't mean ALL, or even MOST people have that preference. Just cos one girl once said they don't like shorter guys, and girls don't seem to like you much, doesn't mean that it MUST be cos you're "too short".

Tom Cruise is 5'7.

Daniel Radcliffe is 5'5.

Price was 5'2.

Peter Dinklage is 4'5. His Wife is 5'6.

"But they're rich! They're famous! They're celebrities!" Ok. So? If ANYthing, that just proves that simply "being short" isn't enough to make them "undesirable", as long as they have other things going for them. After all, being short didn't stop them from becoming rich or famous. More importantly, being short didn't stop them from developing skills, talent, or personality.

I'm not saying you have to be rich and famous to get a girlfriend. I'm saying that before you blame your height, you might wanna make sure there's nothing else about you that could be improved first. Most women don't care about looks or height or wealth or muscles nearly as much as you think they do, regardless of the opinion of one girl you once met one time at a bar or w/e.

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 3:31 pm

I am short and my boyfriend doesn't care

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 3:50 pm

Mikurotoro92 wrote:

You're a woman.

Being short has no impacts on your dating prospects, like it is if you're a man. In fact, it's being short is a bonus in many cases if you're a woman.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 5:17 pm

magz wrote:
Volodymyr Zelensky

Humor is an attractive quality. But who's laughing now?

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2023, 5:22 pm

It almost seems like it would be a relief to certain guys if some of these rules about what women find attractive were 100% true, across the board.

Like they're desperate to be ruled out by something beyond their control. Something physical, determined by a freak combination of inherited genes. Not something they can be held responsible for.

Maybe because if that's not true then they have to start thinking about their personalities, their behaviour and their attitudes. Tough stuff to think about.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jan 2023, 6:41 am

r00tb33r wrote:
magz wrote:
Volodymyr Zelensky
Humor is an attractive quality. But who's laughing now?
Not Putin.
Courage is and attractive quality, too. Who's the Times' Person of the Year?

Anyway, you see how qualities that have nothing to do with appearance matter.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 6:50 am

magz wrote:
Who's the Times' Person of the Year?

Time magazine hasn't been funny ever since they got rid of Joel Stein's The Awesome Column back in late 2000s. I used to be a subscriber.

My point is, he was a funny man, but nobody is laughing anymore.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 Jan 2023, 6:53 am

And my point is, he's even more attractive now - all because of reasons that have nothing to do with height.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 3:17 pm

ridiculous assumption. Somebody out there for everybody. The 2 hottest guys I ever met were under 5'5" my sister married a guy 9 inches shorter than herself. Funny, her son married a woman of tall stature, duplicating the pattern set by his parents. how tall you are or are not has nothing to do with attraction and if the woman chooses to pass by a great guy because he is not tall, its definitely her loss.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Mikurotoro92
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 8:58 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
Mikurotoro92 wrote:

You're a woman.

Being short has no impacts on your dating prospects, like it is if you're a man. In fact, it's being short is a bonus in many cases if you're a woman.

It might make it hard to kiss him, hehe

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 5:09 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
It almost seems like it would be a relief to certain guys if some of these rules about what women find attractive were 100% true, across the board.

Like they're desperate to be ruled out by something beyond their control. Something physical, determined by a freak combination of inherited genes. Not something they can be held responsible for.

Maybe because if that's not true then they have to start thinking about their personalities, their behaviour and their attitudes. Tough stuff to think about.

Brilliant post, DuckHairback.

I've no doubt the handful of troublesome regulars on L&D would attack the poster if this didn't come from a male member.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 5:24 pm

Maybe DuckHairBack should never touch another human being in his life!

:twisted:

(That's a joke DHB -- Just kidding. Great post.)

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2023, 4:25 pm

Where_am_I wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:

Most of the guys asking the question are average height or tall. A short guy is an expert on being short. He isn’t asking a question like that. That makes the discussion ironically superfluous. :idea:

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 4:57 pm

JimJohn wrote:
Where_am_I wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:

Most of the guys asking the question are average height or tall. A short guy is an expert on being short. He isn’t asking a question like that. That makes the discussion ironically superfluous. :idea:

It wasn't an attack on the OP. Or even about shortness specifically. I'm genuinely interested in the psychology of people who believe themselves to be unacceptable (probably because in some ways I share this psychology - it's a 'There, but for the grace of god, go I.' thing). Taking responsibility for your own s**t is truly hard work. And it's always nicer to be told that you're not the source of your own misery - hence the appeal of these online misogynist as*holes who will assure you of this for money.

But if you look through the L&D forums you'll see endless threads generalising about what women do and don't find attractive in men when all they'd have to do is go outside, sit in a busy street for half an hour and look at the men you see with women to learn there isn't a rulebook.

Men like this can give you a hundred reasons why they're unlucky with women: too short, too fat, too bald, big rubbery lips, flappy ears, hairy moles, no money, no car, no job, whatever. It's endless.

But they never seem to consider for a second their responsibility to be a person that a woman might want to spend some time with.

So I don't see the irony, or the superfluity, of the discussion.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 7:03 pm

I'm super attracted to a little person from TV.
He's 4' tall.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 7:10 pm

Gary Coleman?