Dark and white 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
All of the above 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
None of the above 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 22

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 9:36 pm

i hope you will entertain the notion of adding chromium and vanadium supplements to your daily regimen as these have been known to help with diabetes.

TheRedPedant93
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Feb 2023, 2:36 pm

Used to love Cadbury's (UK) all the time growing up (especially the Wispa bar, so glad when they reproduced it in 2008) as long as I can remember, and I really loved their Easter eggs. Until of course, they were bought over by Kraft Foods (now owned by Mondelez) in 2010 and subsequently shipped their production line to Poland in the most unamicable way. Since then it has always been generic, watered down and over-sweetened muck now (Fin Carre from Lidl completely wrecks it), although it's still no where as repugnant as the ungodly kitsch that is Hershey's :eew: I tried it for the first time in July 2011 and was expeditiously agitated as I thought someone's vomit had accidently tainted the bar. I was nauseatingly disgusted when I found out that butyric acid is used (which Hershey's deny thanks to good old Bernaysian PR conditioning in the media) in it's stages of production :eew: I think Ghirardelli is the only decent chocolate produced anywhere in US, and even that is not up to the level of my own favourites.

For some strange reason I still quite liked Cadbury's White Dream bar as if it's recipe had not been nudged since the Kraft takeover, until it was discontinued a few years later. A white chocolate inspired by Dream due to popular demand was released back in 2019, tried it and thought it was absolutely disgusting :cry: I thought it tasted like it had been sweetened with High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS) even though it contained no residual traces. I only like non-Lindt white chocolate if it is made by local producers and is often supplemented with strawberry/raspberry pieces. Poorer quality milk chocolate that contains strawberry fillings is absolutely disgusting.

Galaxy Chocolate (Dove in the US) was so rich and creamy when I was a child, but since the mid 2000's (pre-Cadbury takeover) it has been gradually watered down in quality ever since their initial usage of plastic wrapping and is now really average at best.

Since 2011 I have turned to Lindt Swiss Chocolate ever since, (one of my favorite bars "Swiss Classic Double Milk" was discontinued 6/7 years in the ago in the UK), although degrees of flavoring can range from relatively intense to bland depending on certain batches of products. Just over two years ago I discovered that Lindt imports taste different from that of the UK, and the ones in France are generally of a stronger flavoring.

In France, their Double Milk tablet (110g) (think of it as a luxurious adult version of the Kinder chocolate bars with the milky filling) tasted better than the discontinued "Swiss Classic" version in the UK, and their Extra Milk (110g) bars overall taste better than all milk products in the UK (inc Excellence (can often be flavorless at times depending on individual batches), Easter Eggs and even Gold Bunnies) in reflection with my own personal gustatory sensations. It is for these reasons that France's Double Milk (110g) (with a creamy milky filling) and Extra Milk (110g) bars are my two favorite chocolate bars that exist in production today, although like any product, their flavor may vary depending on the individual batch. Lindt's own white chocolate is the only white chocolate that I like (excluding local producers) and doesn't smell bad like any of the other products (esp. Nestle Milky Bar), although I think the palm oil contained filling of the popular Lindor bars is very overrated (same feeling applies to the milk one in the red wrapper).

Depending on the above, consuming a well flavored degree of the Lindt Double Milk bar (the French import) is one of my favorite gustatory sensations, I often pair it with Chicken Tikka Butter Masala (Butter Chicken) from my favourite local Indian restaurant near me as part of some of my favorite silly autistic routines :mrgreen: This bar is said to be hard to find in stores even in it's own country of produce.

The only other Lindt bar that I really enjoyed was another Milk Chocolate bar with a rich raspberry filling which contained a trace of alcohol. It was so luxuriously gratifying (I regrettably could not circumvent the "euphoric" state of mind it evoked - hate that word so much) that just two bites were enough (and there was pause between them) to restrain me from eating anymore. It's so far the only solitary single bar that I have never finished even a third of as a whole daily. It was discontinued nationwide around six to seven years ago, I don't think I will ever experience anything of the sort like that ever again.

The only chocolates that I now really like that are not Lindt are Ritter Sport Alpine Milk and Ritter Sport Coconut (a higher quality version of Bounty), both sensations are quite pleasant. I don't like Ritter Sport's Yogurt filling bar that much as it is too sweet (artificial sensation despite yogurt bacterial cultures) and underwhelming compared with the similar looking Lindt Double Milk.

I have never really cared for Dark Chocolate due to my long lasting sweet tooth, although I did really like After Eight Mint thins when I was young, but even that as of today has declined in quality. Any chocolate that is produced by the Nestle, Mars and Mondelez (even Tolberone) corporations taste really bland to me compared in it's state in the past, although if I was forced to I would always choose them over the choice of 2010 > Cadbury's products anytime. Even "luxury" brands such as Green and Black's, Godiva and Guylian which I have tasted years back are bland. The recently released Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Bar is somewhat decent too, although Tony's Chocolate over here I think is one of the most overpriced and tasteless products right now.

The significant decline in the productive manufacturing quality of chocolate (especially ingredients) over the past 15 years has partially contributed to my perceptual self-melancholy of the world as I see it today ("yes really" - especially since Cadbury's was taken over Kraft - extremely disappointing and have since developed a long-lasting and fervent vendetta against them inc Mondelez), and there is no sign of that of age returning to see the light of day. Not to mention the deceptive shrinkflation tactics that multinational producers (inc Cadbury's) have exerted (under the guise of mitigating rates of obesity) as the quality of produce maintains it's never-ending decline.

Sorry for the pseudo-connoisseur rant, but I just had to.

Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 1 out of 200
Alexithymia Questionnaire: 166/185 AQ: 49/50 EQ: 9/80

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 6:28 pm

I like both *milk chocolate* and *white chocolate*.

I like Hershey chocolate (and some of their other candies). And Hershey. And I am impressed that when Milton Hershey founded the Hershey Foundation he didn't give it money...he gave it a huge share of the Hershey Chocolate Company.

P.S. I don't live in Pennsylvania but it is where I was born, raised and educated so I might be biased.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 1:29 pm

Yesterday my mom gave me some Merci chocolates for my birthday. And oo la la! C'est tres magnifique! :heart:

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 2:15 pm

Depends on my mood, as to how much sweetness I do or do not want in it. I love the texture of Lindt truffles, and “regular” chocolate, I put in the refrigerator so it’s extra crisp. Milk chocolate, I like with caramel (regular, not salted), but I am not a fan of any chocolate besides white with mint, despite liking both flavors separately.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 2:20 pm

Double Retired wrote:

I like Hershey chocolate (and some of their other candies). And Hershey. And I am impressed that when Milton Hershey founded the Hershey Foundation he didn't give it money...he gave it a huge share of the Hershey Chocolate Company.

P.S. I don't live in Pennsylvania but it is where I was born, raised and educated so I might be biased.

Ever been to Hershey Park?

I've been there once since I was in middle school.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 3:19 pm

UncannyDanny wrote:
Double Retired wrote:

Ever been to Hershey Park?

I've been there once since I was in middle school.
No. We visited some of the tourist thingys that did not have roller coasters. Note my age.
Oh, we've also gone for a couple of shows in the Hershey Theater.
It is a manageable car-trip from where we live and we stay in a hotel while there.