General predicts China War, preps officers

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2023, 4:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t feel the Chinese premier will be that stupid.

Dude's getting old, so, like putin and a bunch of other old guys, they gotta make their move to do their whole destiny thing before they die.

So, it could happen.

Also: How nice of whoever published this to tell China that the USA is preparing and they'll need to develop some counter-drone defences. Wtf.. does nothing stay secret anymore? :? I mean, not that China couldn't figure some things out on their own.. but straight up publishing it for the world to read now means they have to do a Lot More preparation and R&D than otherwise.

Total agreement.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 1:47 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
magz wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I don’t feel the Chinese premier will be that stupid.
He might fall to a common disease of dictators - start believing his own propaganda.
I hope it doesn't happen but we have to be prepared.

There's a second disease of dictators, if they're belligerent and aggressive, they eventually place themselves in a situation where they're obliged to walk the walk by their own citizens.

In a lot of people's eyes, Xi's job is to continue to make China stronger and to avoid being humiliated by outsiders again. He's told them he's working towards that goal and is capable of achieving it, his hand will be forced if he's more worried of the consequences of not acting strong than he is of the consequences of acting strong.

He might find himself weighing civil war vs. global war as his two options.

The people of China (none of whom ever voted for him in the first place) are gonna try to overthrow him because...he is too peace loving?

you're on drugs.

Development of a nation as huge as China is uneven.

So there are two mainland Chinas - the advanced seaboard provinces (which are already similar in lifestyle to Taiwan, South Korea, and Japan- whose inhabitants envy those neighboring nations' democratic institutions). And the still backward village based rural interior hinterland provinces.

The folks in backward interior of China want to equal the prosperity of the coastal provinces.

The folks in the coastal provinces want shorter work hours, more vacation time, and...a little more democracy.

Niether groups cares about military vainglory or territorial expansion.

The Chinese people are not going to go to war with each other because the government WONT go to war with an external enemy. If Xi throws in the towel on Taiwan its not going to cause a 'civil war' in China. Thats absurd.

Okay...maybe it would cause a rift in the ruling elite. Some Chinese fanatical general might go crazy if Xi backs down on threatening Taiwan...and attempt a coup to over throw the civilian leader in Beijing. But the masses of Chinese people are not going to be angry at Xi for allowing Taiwan to live and let live.

I trust SkinnedWolf's understanding of Chinese domestic politics over yours, given that they actually live there, not to mention they speak to many other PRC citizens on this topic.

You seem to be completely oblivious to how Chinese nationalism influences PRC policy.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Last edited by funeralxempire on 06 Feb 2023, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.