Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2023, 9:04 pm

1. What denomination are you, if any, of Christian?
2. Do you think it is okay to go to a church that doesn't necessarily fit your beliefs if there is a not a better church? Do you have a moral duty to try to import the better church?
3. What historical churches are you interested in
4. How did you find your faith

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2023, 9:09 pm

1. I have not chosen a denomination yet, ill probably go with catholic
2. Im not sure
3 Christian cynic movements and puritans
4. Was learning about religion and prayed and could feel a presence that felt like a chill. When i pray with sincerity, i often am able to accomplish things that i wouldn't be able to or have good fortune. Despite this, i keep doing evil things :(

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 9:53 pm

RattyBoBatty wrote:
2. Do you think it is okay to go to a church that doesn't necessarily fit your beliefs if there is a not a better church? Do you have a moral duty to try to import the better church?

1. I am Quiverfull Christian Communist non-denominational non-institutional church of Christ
2.For me it would only be okay if the church of Christ I went to was still traditional church of Christ and it was a capella-only even if it was institutional.I go to a institutional church of Christ now that I disagree with on certain things but there's no way I would ever go to a baptist church or any other kind of church as a member.Like there's quite a few churches of Christ that I would not be a member of.
3. I am not interested in any historical churches other than the 1st Century church.
4. I found my faith because I was raised church of Christ I am non-institutional church of Christ because I realized that the early church did not have the sponsoring-church arrangement for missionaries, the early church did not pool its money to support things like children's homes and universities. I found my Quiverfull faith by watching cable.I became a Christian Communist by studying Acts 2 and Acts 4.What do you mean by import.

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2023, 10:20 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:

1. I am Quiverfull Christian Communist non-denominational non-institutional church of Christ
2.For me it would only be okay if the church of Christ I went to was still traditional church of Christ and it was a capella-only even if it was institutional.I go to a institutional church of Christ now that I disagree with on certain things but there's no way I would ever go to a baptist church or any other kind of church as a member.Like there's quite a few churches of Christ that I would not be a member of.
3. I am not interested in any historical churches other than the 1st Century church.
4. I found my faith because I was raised church of Christ I am non-institutional church of Christ because I realized that the early church did not have the sponsoring-church arrangement for missionaries, the early church did not pool its money to support things like children's homes and universities. I found my Quiverfull faith by watching cable.I became a Christian Communist by studying Acts 2 and Acts 4.What do you mean by import.

Interesting. By import, i mean try to spread the version of Christianity you most believe in the area you live in so that a congregation can be formed. Sometimes i take an anti-natalist view of the world. I am interested by Christian communists, do you have pro natural living beliefs? Because that is similar to the Christian cynicism that used to exist

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 10:40 pm

RattyBoBatty wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:

Interesting. By import, i mean try to spread the version of Christianity you most believe in the area you live in so that a congregation can be formed. Sometimes i take an anti-natalist view of the world. I am interested by Christian communists, do you have pro natural living beliefs? Because that is similar to the Christian cynicism that used to exist

I am working on starting a church of Christ that would reflect my beliefs.What do you mean by pro natural living beliefs?

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2023, 10:51 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:

I am working on starting a church of Christ that would reflect my beliefs.What do you mean by pro natural living beliefs?

The cynics were basically amish before electricity was invented. They believed in embracing hardship and living as close to nature as possible
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_(philosophy)

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 11:00 pm

First let me say: These are my views I don't believe in some force outside myself that controls me. Think of Santa Clause or the easter bunny (is this where the belief that something outside yourself exists is formulated?) I am a student of ACIM (have been for 15+ years); it simply states that God has placed the holy spirit in each of our minds to guide us. This guidance is 100% correct. (if you listen to the holy spirit only and not the ego) Sorry Charlie, you are on your own. I guess there are some people who still need to believe that there is some father figure watching over them. If you want to check ACIM out (A Course in Miracles) you will find it is a fast-growing thought system spreading faster than christianity

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jan 2023, 11:15 pm

Aspinator wrote:
First let me say: These are my views I don't believe in some force outside myself that controls me. Think of Santa Clause or the easter bunny (is this where the belief that something outside yourself exists is formulated?) I am a student of ACIM (have been for 15+ years); it simply states that God has placed the holy spirit in each of our minds to guide us. This guidance is 100% correct. (if you listen to the holy spirit only and not the ego) Sorry Charlie, you are on your own. I guess there are some people who still need to believe that there is some father figure watching over them. If you want to check ACIM out (A Course in Miracles) you will find it is a fast-growing thought system spreading faster than christianity

Any good place to start out and learn more:?:

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2023, 11:35 pm

RattyBoBatty wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:

The cynics were basically amish before electricity was invented. They believed in embracing hardship and living as close to nature as possible
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_(philosophy)

Oh okay.

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 12:25 am

A good place to start if you want to learn more is to google ACIM. I particularly like books by Gary Renard

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 1:33 am

RattyBoBatty wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:

So what sparked your interest in Christian Communists?I do plan on my church being a back-to-the-land off grid agrarian thing if thats what you kind of mean by pro natural living.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 1:54 am

Q1. What denomination are you, if any, of Christian?
A1. Reformist -- Ecclesia Reformata, Semper Reformanda.

Q2. Do you think it is okay to go to a church that doesn't necessarily fit your beliefs if there is a not a better church?
A2. No.

Q3. Do you have a moral duty to try to import the better church?
A3. Yes.

Q4. What historical churches are you interested in.
A4. The Christian church as described in the Book of Acts.

Q5. How did you find your faith.
A5. It found me.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 2:07 am

Aspinator wrote:
A good place to start if you want to learn more is to google ACIM. I particularly like books by Gary Renard
A better place to start is the Bible.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 2:13 am

RattyBoBatty wrote:
I have not chosen a denomination yet, ill probably go with catholic

Never thought this is something someone consciously decides. Beliefs are not a hobby...?

I'm a non-believer so I have nothing else to add.

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2023, 12:21 pm

r00tb33r wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:
I have not chosen a denomination yet, ill probably go with catholic

Never thought this is something someone consciously decides. Beliefs are not a hobby...?

I'm a non-believer so I have nothing else to add.

The various sects of Christianity can differ greatly. Like, there are not huge differences between most protestant sects, especially the more liberal ones, but catholics don't necessarily even believe that protestants are saved. So it is important to find the church with teachings you believe to be the most true. Afaik, catholics don't even necessarily want you studying the bible, as they have studied it extensively and have official teachings on it that they would rather have you learn.

RattyBoBatty
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Jan 2023, 12:24 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
RattyBoBatty wrote:

So what sparked your interest in Christian Communists?I do plan on my church being a back-to-the-land off grid agrarian thing if thats what you kind of mean by pro natural living.

I am not necessarily leftwing, but i do have anti-capitalist beliefs as I believe capitalism degrades society.