Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 12:08 am

What are some examples of times when someone got you in trouble, at school, work, or otherwise?

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 5:12 am

wow, unexpected blast of pain! I was set up by classmates, co workers, siblings, etc. Work sabotaged , copiedmy work then they blamed for copying them myself, co workers would deliberately set me up and scapegoat me, somebody worked part time for a company and charged her sales to my name, then sent the bills to a collection agency, another used to deliberately soil large areas of the spaces I was to clean in difficult ways such as pouring sauce down the cabinets and between the cabinet and the side of the oven (the same act in both kitchens of different living units) etc etc etc. It is hard to imagine how I could have aggravated or antagonized these people by things I said or did, but I must have. That was never intentional, but the deliberate malice I have been shown repeatedly all my life, in spite of my attempts at being friendly, caring, sharing, giving, helpful and useful (appeasement behavior) I got nailed repeatedly with acts of hate and spite. It was not until I learned of my autism that I began to understand all the "whys' behind such acts. It makes the experiences no less painful, makes the hurts and the frustration no less , but at least that "why me" question is finally answered. I expect a lot of us have experienced all sorts of really bad versions of this as well as other bullying and intimidation, sabotage and hate. You are not alone!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson