When the crazy girl gets engaged

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 12:30 pm

I've got a few friends who are really nice people. No one ever asks them out, yet this crazy girl they know is the one who has not just interest, but a proposal.

Life is weird.

I know this will affect one of my friends badly. I don't think she actually dislikes the girl, but I'm just like, why her and not my genuinely pleasant, even tempered, kind, no fuss friend?

Maybe I'll send her some cute animal memes.

Just needed to vent anymously.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 12:51 pm

Is he a crazy man?

I'm curious what the dynamic is like.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jan 2023, 5:00 pm

If no one asks her out, maybe she should "poke" some men she finds interesting in a subtle way. Preferably men she shares a hobby with.

It's much easier for women to get into a relationship with a man, than for a man to get into a relationship with a woman. Even if their body attractiveness is below average. But she must be cautious that it doesn't become an abusive relationship where she gets used as sex toy. Males can be really disgusting sometimes.

Today there are more and more young men who never had sex in their life. Many would like to have a gf to to gf things with, but they gave up. Maybe she should find one of them. I bet there's lots of them on this forum, though probably not from your country. And it'll be complicated, as they don't understand female sexuality and she may not be self-confident enough to set boundaries for someone she loves.

When I was a teenager, sometimes girls would set me up with one of their friends to become my gf, without me asking for it. And 80% of the time I consented. Maybe that's something you could do?

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 6:39 pm

I don't like women with bland personalities, I like somewhat spicy. But there's a certain threshold for crazy that one should not cross. :wink:

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 7:27 pm

^ I feel that. I like a lil caliente, myself. As it goes though, crazy women are great...until they suddenly aren't. *shrugs*

As to the op... unfortunately, that's how it goes. Or maybe fortunately for the stable people in the world. I see more unhinged/damaged/crazy people partnering up than you do worthwhile people... but are those relationships good ones? Are they stable, satisfying, worth having? Prolly not. I've seen no shortage of crazy folks partner up with other crazy folks. Sure they aren't alone anymore, but is it better than being single? Doubt it.

I do understand why it's frustrating and upsetting. You can do everything right and still get the short end of the stick. It can be hard to understand that you're actually dodging bullets when you watch what appears to be good stuff happening to less than great people. Personally, I can't stand that crap. I root for the good ones. Sorry this will be a hit on your friend. That sucks and I wish her well in this. Good on you for looking out for her, for thinking of her.