Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 1:30 pm

Woman's Sarcastic Cancel Culture Rant as Louis CK Sells Out MSG Goes Viral

Quote:
An influencer has poked fun at comedian Louis C.K. in a viral video after he sold out Madison Square Garden (MSG).

Talia Lichtstein stood outside the front of the iconic New York City stadium while a promotional image of C.K.'s show appeared behind her with the words "sold out" clearly visible.

Lichtstein sarcastically referred to the "cancel culture" that exists around male celebrities who claim their careers are ruined once they're accused of sexual misconduct. The comedian admitted to sexual misconduct accusations in 2017.

"Can we stop canceling guys who are such wonderful, brilliant artists over like, hearsay, like women have stories of them being creepy but like nobody knows the real story. And like yeah, sure a couple of people have the same story. Like okay, just so that we could tell that story that guy never gets to work again like even if he admits to it and he pays a settlement or he apologizes their career is f***** forever."

She continued: "They can never reach the same level of success, they can't sell the same number of tickets. They can't do what they love, or pursue their passion anymore. It can ruin their lives. Like, literally, we're ruining guys lives over this."

Lichtstein posted the video to her TikTok, where it got 1.3 million views and was then also shared by writer Meecham Whitson Meriweather to his Twitter account.

"Finally someone said it," Meriweather wrote on the tweet, which had been viewed 2.1 million times at the time of writing.

C.K. was accused by five women of sexual misconduct, including exposing himself and masturbating in front of them in incidents that occurred in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

"The stories are true. There is nothing about this I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am," C.K. said in a statement on November 10, 2017. "

After his admission, C.K.'s film I Love You Daddy was canceled, as was his scheduled appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. HBO later dropped him from its November 18, 2017, special, Night of Too Many Stars: America Unites for Autism Programs.

The #MeToo movement was very necessary because casual sexism and misogyny was common in daily life. While the inevitable loss of interest and backsliding is occurring I hope what happened in the ‘90s when in the wake of the Clarence Thomas nomination hearing a similar reckoning about sexism and misogyny ended up to be a fad and we backslided to arguably even a worse place.

That said Cancel Cultural is a real concern. While celebs like Louis C.K. often suffer no more then temporary discomfort historical figures end up erased or defined completely by their evil and non celebrities do get their lives ruined.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 30 Jan 2023, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PenPen
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Jan 2023, 1:59 pm

I don't see a problem with his success. If woke culture were about eliminating suffering, they would have Louis pay his restitutions then go on his own way. If they are upset at him still being popular, it shows they don't want to help pull people up, but drag people down.