Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2023, 10:08 pm

10 injured in shooting in Lakeland, Florida, police say

Quote:
At least 10 people were injured in a drive-by shooting on Monday afternoon in Lakeland, Florida, police said.

They were still looking for the shooters as of 7 p.m., local time, Lakeland Police Chief Sam Taylor said at a news conference, adding that they believed the shooting was targeted and not random.

Taylor said two people were in critical condition. One was in surgery and the other was "either in surgery or headed to surgery" at the time of the press conference. One of them had been shot in the abdomen and the other suffered a gunshot wound to the "jaw area," Taylor said.

An additional eight people had injuries that were not life-threatening, he said. One of them suffered a ricochet wound, Taylor said.

All the victims were adult males "described as between the ages of 20 and 35," Taylor said.

Taylor said the shooting happened at about 3:45 p.m., and that gunfire came from all four windows of a slow-moving four-door Nissan. The car was described as being dark blue with tinted windows and a temporary tag.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 11:24 am

Florida mass shooting suspect killed by police after stealing woman's car during chase, authorities say

Quote:
A man suspected in a mass shooting in central Florida last month was fatally shot by a police officer Monday following a long chase and a carjacking, authorities said. The car driven by Alex Greene, 21, eventually crashed into a building in Winter Haven.

The crash happened a short distance from Lakeland, where 11 people were injured in the Jan. 30 shooting, Lakeland Police Chief Sammy Taylor said.

"We are very confident he was in fact involved; to what extent we don't know yet," Taylor said.

Taylor said detectives had hoped to bring Greene in on an outstanding burglary warrant to talk to him about the Jan. 30 shooting in a neighborhood near downtown Lakeland, about 30 miles east of Tamp

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman