Feel like avoiding the news again

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 10:03 am

I seem to feel like all the striking and the news of the UK having the one of the worst recovering economies in the world as led me to want to avoid the news again and cut myself off from it. All I seem to be hearing is more bad news and nothing seems to be resolved or improvements made.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 10:18 am

That's the way the news has been since there has been "news."

People don't just report the "good stuff" most of the time; the "good stuff" doesn't sell papers, or TV ratings, or whatever "papers" are called on the Internet. I guess "papers" are called "views" within an Internet context.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 11:16 am

I don't have a TV at home.

I don't spend much time on news sites anymore either. What do I stand to gain from learning the news? So I just watch hobbies and crafts on YouTube instead.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 4:45 pm

When I find out the US is going to war with China, I will finally have the courage to kill myself. I have stood all a person can possibly stand in the the past two decades of pure, unfiltered human crap in this world, when the war happens I will officially have no reason to go on living. Who wants to die a horrible death from radiation poisoning, anyway?

But first I will have to send my mother a message that I know she will be devastated by my loss and it hasn't even been a year yet since we lost my father, but I still need to die. Not want. Need. I can't handle the insanity this world has given me anymore. And ignoring the news doesn't make it go away. In fact, it's like ignoring a tumor growing in your neck.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 4:51 pm

I don't blame you, op. I don't pay much mind to what's going on in the world. Media hype/scare tactics are ratings, so the awful stuff is what gets put up front and center. I might hear about something I find interesting and go look it up, but beyond that, I can't be bothered. I see no point in stressing myself out over stuff I have no control over. Sometimes a break (be it temporary or even permanent) from that stuff is good for the overall health and well being. Self care.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:16 pm

I do not watch the news. It is really bad for my mental health.