Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

LaTech
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Feb 2023, 10:48 am

Hello.

My name is Scott and today is my first day as a member of this forum. There should be cake, somewhere, for everyone, but you'll have to serve yourselves.

Self-diagnosed as being on the spectrum after over 40 years of not understanding why life was so difficult and I never seemed to fit in. In September, I started researching (as you do) and reading everything I could get my hands on about ASD and have determined that many of the symptoms/challenges for ASD have been with me my whole life: being extremely literal, not socializing well, sensory overload, disconnecting and shutting down when I get overwhelmed...the list goes on and on, and you all are aware of it.

I used to say that the only constant in all of my failed relationships has been me...but I never stopped to think of what that could mean other than a self-deprecating observation. There's a reason. I'm not typical. None of us are (one could argue that nobody with a pulse is "typical" either, but I digress).

Anyway, I'm here to learn. To understand. To meet people who have had similar journeys throughout life so we can be there for one another. Most importantly, I'm here to grow.

Thank you all for your time.

Scott

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

01 Feb 2023, 11:41 am

Hello Scott; have a happy stay om our planet. Remote at times, yet not quite in the outer quadrant. Find your niche here among our wide selection of provinces!

One or two, such as PPR, are often prone to violent storms which fortunately don't usually last long.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 11:58 am

Hello! Welcome to Wrong Planet :-)

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 1:42 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope you find kindred spirits here.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 9:04 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2023, 10:42 am

Welcome to WP from the state just west of you!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2023, 3:22 pm

welcome, (serves you imaginary cake) glad you are with us. Want some ice cream too? ;)

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 12:06 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet. We are a diverse group of people. Try to be at home because we are home.

kickingdownthedoors
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Feb 2023, 7:01 pm

hi scott! i'm new here too. i was recently diagnosed and i totally understand the reframing of years of self-deprecation that goes along with taking on this new label. even though for many years i had suspected i was on the spectrum, i still spent a lot of time thinking i was just "doing it wrong" or "screwing it up"-- it's nice to know that maybe that's not the case.

it's nice to meet you- i hope you meet lots of cool people here! :D