Wrongful death lawsuit against Kyle Rittenhouse can proceed

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2023, 8:41 am

Wrongful death lawsuit upheld after 100-hour search to serve Rittenhouse

Quote:
Kyle Rittenhouse, who skyrocketed to fame in right-wing circles after shooting and killing two protesters during a social rights march in 2020, is now facing a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the victim's father, according to PBS.

The lawsuit was filed by John Huber, the father of one of the two victims, and also includes city officials and police officers. U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman dismissed motions from the city officials, police officers and Rittenhouse to dismiss the civil rights case in its entirety.

Huber's lawsuit states that Rittenhouse conspired with police officers to intentionally cause harm to the protesters who were marching in reaction to the shooting of Jacob Blake, who was injured by a Wisconsin police officer.

In the ruling Adelman said Huber's death "could plausibly be regarded as having been proximately caused by the actions of the government defendants.

Huber's lawyers and private investigators needed over 100 hours to locate Rittenhouse to serve him with the civil lawsuit paperwork, eventually serving him at his sister's house. Rittenhouse's lawyers tried to argue the case should be dismissed because he was not properly served. The judge dismissed that claim.

Rittenhouse has become a popular Republican right-wing speaker at public events and has nearly 1 million followers on Twitter.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

02 Feb 2023, 10:51 am

We all know that the only reason that kid got away with murder was because the Cult of Trump was in power at the time. There is no real justice in the US.