Thoughts about if Harris became the next US president

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 5:12 pm

Harris as an American Cleopatra? Finally, I will see the realization of my Xi Jinping × Kamala Harris × Kim Jong Un love triangle!

Honestly Harris would be a deeply ineffective and unpopular president. The right is going to hate her almost no matter what she does, and she won't be much more popular on the left. She will mainly be liked by centrist feminists who care more that a woman is in power than they care whether that woman actually uses that power for equality and justice. Harris offers only the most vapid support for left social causes and is a ride-or-die capitalist. Even those centrists who don't mind her policy stances will be turned off by the fact that she is (in my opinion and that of many others) self-righteous and kind of annoying.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 6:04 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
Harris as an American Cleopatra? Finally, I will see the realization of my Xi Jinping × Kamala Harris × Kim Jong Un love triangle!

Honestly Harris would be a deeply ineffective and unpopular president. The right is going to hate her almost no matter what she does, and she won't be much more popular on the left. She will mainly be liked by centrist feminists who care more that a woman is in power than they care whether that woman actually uses that power for equality and justice. Harris offers only the most vapid support for left social causes and is a ride-or-die capitalist. Even those centrists who don't mind her policy stances will be turned off by the fact that she is (in my opinion and that of many others) self-righteous and kind of annoying.

I can understand that. Honestly she could also potentially be an American Wu Zetian. :lol: