Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 10:08 am

What considerations would you have as a potential client of a dating/matchmaking service for adult autistics? This service would include dating coaching if desired. There would be fees payable.

I ask on my own initiative after learning of such a proposed project about which I have been asked to give my thoughts.

If you have thoughts, let me know. If you were a client, what would be your concerns?

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 6:00 pm

I would suggest that you take a look at the already-existing dating services for autistic people, which I listed in another thread here.

At least one of them, Uneepi, offers some kind of coaching service too, if I'm not mistaken.

But, from what I've heard, all these dating apps have one big problem: not enough users. And I've seen plenty complaints from men that these apps also tend to have a very high male-to-female ratio among the users they do have.

So perhaps what's needed is not a new dating app for autistic people, but someone to partner with one or more of the already-existing apps to help them do a better job of marketing themselves, and perhaps also to help them improve in various possible ways that might make them more woman-friendly.

That said, I do have a suggestion for what, as far as I am aware, would be a totally new kind of dating site/app.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2023, 11:27 pm

rse92 wrote:
What considerations would you have as a potential client of a dating/matchmaking service for adult autistics? This service would include dating coaching if desired. There would be fees payable.

I ask on my own initiative after learning of such a proposed project about which I have been asked to give my thoughts.

If you have thoughts, let me know. If you were a client, what would be your concerns?

My chief concern would be if there was a large amount of church of Christ women and non-institutional church of Christ women on the dating service.....other wise it would serve no purpose.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 1:43 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
I would suggest that you take a look at the already-existing dating services for autistic people, which I listed in another thread here.

At least one of them, Uneepi, offers some kind of coaching service too, if I'm not mistaken.

But, from what I've heard, all these dating apps have one big problem: not enough users. And I've seen plenty complaints from men that these apps also tend to have a very high male-to-female ratio among the users they do have.

So perhaps what's needed is not a new dating app for autistic people, but someone to partner with one or more of the already-existing apps to help them do a better job of marketing themselves, and perhaps also to help them improve in various possible ways that might make them more woman-friendly.

That said, I do have a suggestion for what, as far as I am aware, would be a totally new kind of dating site/app.

I’m not talking about a dating app.

This is a service which will actively assist autistic people in improving dating skills and put people together.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:43 am

rse92 wrote:
I’m not talking about a dating app.

This is a service which will actively assist autistic people in improving dating skills and put people together.

Thanks for the clarification.

Seems to me that one of your biggest problems will be marketing your service in a way that makes the above immediately clear. These days, I would expect most people to expect almost everything to be an app.

Anyhow, it sounds like an excellent idea. I hope you manage to make it work.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Feb 2023, 8:48 am

I would want to know if there is some kind of guarantee & refund policy. I would hate to spend a buch of money only to have no success.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 8:52 am

"No success" is the most likely outcome for these sorts of things, unfortunately.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 12:57 am

I think a dating/matchmaking service would only be a viable option if you lived in a really big city with more than 500k residents. Otherwise, there simply wouldn't be enough people that signed up for it to be a worthwhile investment.

New York, Chicago, or LA would be the most ideal places to sign up for a match-making service.