Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 12:42 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well folks just an update on the thread.I talked to a bishop from the church today and he said that the point of the class is not so much becoming millionaires but more getting out of debt and paying off your mortgage.I talked to him about tithing and he said why not give 20 to 30 percent of your income to the church.I have a friend from the small group who suggested giving 60 percent of household income to the church. Dave Ramsey wants church kids to tithe from their birthday and holiday money.I would be upset if i was a kid and I had to tithe to the church 10 to 30 percent from birthday and holiday money.And the preacher at my church has a small airplane.

As Paul said: give as the Spirit moves you. Don't let some religious charlatan squeeze you for what cash you have.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 12:57 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well folks just an update on the thread.I talked to a bishop from the church today and he said that the point of the class is not so much becoming millionaires but more getting out of debt and paying off your mortgage.I talked to him about tithing and he said why not give 20 to 30 percent of your income to the church.I have a friend from the small group who suggested giving 60 percent of household income to the church. Dave Ramsey wants church kids to tithe from their birthday and holiday money.I would be upset if i was a kid and I had to tithe to the church 10 to 30 percent from birthday and holiday money.And the preacher at my church has a small airplane.

As Paul said: give as the Spirit moves you. Don't let some religious charlatan squeeze you for what cash you have.

Thank you.I dont give them anything because they dont allow our members to know how much the pastors make and how all the money is spent.Giving is optional for all members at my church.My church is not transparent with the money.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 1:38 am

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

Thank you.I dont give them anything because they dont allow our members to know how much the pastors make and how all the money is spent.Giving is optional for all members at my church.My church is not transparent with the money.

May I ask what denomination do you belong to?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 1:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Texasmoneyman300 wrote:

t

May I ask what denomination do you belong to?

I am non-denominational non-institutional multi-cup with real wine pro kitchen/fellowship hall/joy bus mutual edification church of Christ.