Whoa; Ricky Jay is in this Merk’ vid!

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2023, 5:34 pm

1. Merkules is a local rapper that got his start rapping at local restaurants and the bowling alley and has now made it big time as he’s been signed by Snoop Dogg at Death Row Records.. THE label for rap artists.

2. Ricky Jay is a 50 year old rap super fan who’s attended more than 5,000 local shows. I used to pour his beers back when he was drinking. He’s a bit of an odd duck, mildly disabled from some serious open heart surgeries as a kid, and just generally is a positive vibe people like having around so he’s met tons of famous musicians and is now in a few videos. He’s the homeless guy holding the sign that says “2 smokes let’s go,” at the 1:00min mark.

I just think it’s super cool that as he builds fame and fortune he truly hasn’t forgotten his super fans that have been watching his shows since he was a teenager. Super fkn rad that Ricky Jay is such a fixture at rap shows that rappers put him in their videos. 8)

Hm, reminds me, I have a cheap BMX bike and some other stuff to donate to Ricky Jay for him to regift. I should get on that someday.