Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 3:06 am

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy fired at least nine top officials as his government battles claims of bribery and officials splurging on lavish lifestyles during the war.

Four deputy ministers and five regional governors were sacked by Ukraine's cabinet on Tuesday, according to the Telegram channel of Oleg Nemchinov, the secretary of the cabinet of ministers.

Ukraine's deputy prosecutor general, Oleksiy Symonenko, also announced his resignation on the same day, the BBC reported.
https://www.businessinsider.com/zelensk ... war-2023-1

Interesting interview on Joe Rogan how the media is gaslighting any attempt by journalists to investigate how the money being sent as aid to Ukraine is being used.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 3:09 am

That's not even news. But yeah, the level of brazenness is absolutely next level over there.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 3:11 am

I think the Rogan podcast indicates that there is a concerted effort to not undermine Zelensky, I would not be surprised if most of his ministers have bulging Swiss bank accounts from money meant for weapons or aid.

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2023, 11:08 am

No doubt the Ukrainian government is pretty corrupt. It's been whitewashed by the Western media for obvious reasons.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 11:28 am

Josh68 wrote:
No doubt the Ukrainian government is pretty corrupt. It's been whitewashed by the Western media for obvious reasons.

Compared to what other government?

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2023, 11:35 am

MaxE wrote:
Josh68 wrote:

I don't understand your question. All governments are corrupt at some level.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 11:39 am

Josh68 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Josh68 wrote:

So then changing the topic by redirecting attention to corruption in the Ukrainian government and possible involvement of members of the Biden family, and away from the horror of Putin's war, is a typical tactic for one of Putin's apologists, of whom Joe Rogan must be one. Why do people (in particular Australians) seem determined to keep bringing up that guy's nonsense in these forums?

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 11:58 am

I see the podcast you pulled your information from. This is a good example of "fake news". I wonder who would have the most to gain from such a report? (maybe Russia?) They would be the beneficiaries of countries not sending aid to Ukraine if they thought their contributions were going to line someone's pockets.

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Feb 2023, 12:34 pm

MaxE wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Josh68 wrote:

So then changing the topic by redirecting attention to corruption in the Ukrainian government and possible involvement of members of the Biden family, and away from the horror of Putin's war, is a typical tactic for one of Putin's apologists, of whom Joe Rogan must be one. Why do people (in particular Australians) seem determined to keep bringing up that guy's nonsense in these forums?

I didn't bring any of that up, I just stated a fact. You can make up your own mind about Rogan and other members of this forum. Please leave me out of that conversation.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 3:46 pm

MaxE wrote:

Are you suggesting Zelensky didn't sack 9 ministers? That's actual news, not propaganda

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 3:52 pm

I’d rather have a Western-oriented Ukraine than a Russia-oriented one.

Putin wants a Pan-Russia……like Hitler wanted a Pan-Germany. That is not in my best interest, as a Western-oriented person and a Jew.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 4:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Are you suggesting Zelensky didn't sack 9 ministers? That's actual news, not propaganda

I'm not suggesting anything. I really don't care if he did that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 4:06 pm

Even good people sometimes have to fire someone.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 8:05 pm

Quote:
Ukraine wracked with corruption

Yep.
It is very bad there.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 8:12 pm

MaxE wrote:
Josh68 wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Josh68 wrote:

Gross exaggeration.
I barely know the guy and have never referenced him.
How many Australians have, here?

Plz don't misrepresent the situation.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 8:19 pm

Aspinator wrote:
I see the podcast you pulled your information from. This is a good example of "fake news". I wonder who would have the most to gain from such a report? (maybe Russia?) They would be the beneficiaries of countries not sending aid to Ukraine if they thought their contributions were going to line someone's pockets.

I haven't watched the video but I have heard comments from Denys Davydov, a credible youtuber, that corruption is rife in the Ukraine government.
The conditions attached to further aid Ukraine are to weed out the corruption there.
Ppl want to help Ukraine, not make corrupt government officials rich.