Putting him in his place on race and dating!

Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:21 am

r00tb33r wrote:
^ One had dissolved her identity for political gain, while the other looks at the white man with condescending disgust.

Which ones do you mean? AOC has been in a relationship with a white man for a long time and became engaged to him last year.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Condoleeza Rice doesn’t believe in BS. She’s an accomplished musician, and she won’t allow anyone to demean her because she’s black. She’ll never deny “who she is.”

She also apparently had a compulsion to sometimes think of GWB as her "husband" lol.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:27 am

Being attracted to a specific type is one thing. Thinking things through to the point of stating openly that one is not attracted to a specific race is something else. I’d say that most likely racism is involved, especially based on certain deleted posts.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:30 am

MaxE wrote:
r00tb33r wrote:
^ One had dissolved her identity for political gain, while the other looks at the white man with condescending disgust.

Which ones do you mean? AOC has been in a relationship with a white man for a long time and became engaged to him last year.

I meant Rice and Obama.

AOC is a Komsomol roadie. Proletariat elevated by communist revolution. (Check out what happened to the Right to Repair bill to see a good demonstration of what happens when a stupid person tries to look smart.)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:41 am

AOC is a person of great ambition who has some good ideas.

I’m not a fan of her methods. Reminds me of people like MTG and Boebert….except she’s their polar political opposite.

We don’t need the polarization that is the effect of their methods of obtaining publicity.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Feb 2023, 8:05 am

Pepe wrote:
magz wrote:
People can have personal tastes of any kind. I pay a lot of attention to man's nose and eyebrows. They are not strictly a race thing but correlated with it.

Context: Relationships.
The most important factor is a compatible personality.
True.
That's why in real life successful relationships I know, looks are usually around "second best" to partners' tastes - a statistical trade-off for compatibile concepts of life together.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 8:08 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Being attracted to a specific type is one thing. Thinking things through to the point of stating openly that one is not attracted to a specific race is something else. I’d say that most likely racism is involved, especially based on certain deleted posts.

This.

And a previous thread you created which was about you, Jamesy, not a cousin. Also deleted.

I've no doubt this post will be ignored by Jamesy, and anyone else who insists it isn't racism.

And then a month later we will have another thread where Jamesy tells us he isn't attracted to black women. :roll:

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Feb 2023, 11:06 am

Jamesy wrote:
My cousin earlier today was saying to his mom how he has never in his life found a black woman attractive. His mother (my aunt) then warned him not go on about things like “Colour”.

Do you think his mom was right to put him in his place on the subject of ethnicity and dating preferences? From my cousins point of view surely he is entitled to have his own preferences on the type of woman he wants to date.

I have an interest in intolerance of hyperbole. I don’t think this is an example of it per se. Someone should coin a phrase to use against people who use it as a tactic in their assorted playbooks. I’ll start by giving it an acronym of IOH. How about hyperbole denier. That would be an ugly phrase people could call other people. They could throw IST on the end of it for better effect.