Putting him in his place on race and dating!

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 Feb 2023, 4:42 am

ironpony wrote:
Well as far as preferences go, there are people who wouldn't date a certain gender or a certain age group for example, so if it is considered perfectly okay for people to preferences when it comes to age groups or genders, does that mean it's okay to have preferences on race as well?
As long as it's just physical attraction and not stereotyped prejudices, it's okay. Everyone deserves equal basic respect. Attraction is something very individual and not really controlled so it would be unreasonable to try to force equality there.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 5:47 am

Just don’t preclude yourself from EVER being attracted to a person of a certain race. Otherwise , you’re racist.

And don’t feel it’s a mortal sin if you happen to feel an attraction to a person of a certain race. Because we are all humans.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 6:21 am

Not knowing a person it's easy to make assumptions based on stereotypes. That's the essence of profiling, it's a skill, we apply it every day, it helps us survive. You have to have a starting point when approaching a person or a thing, you can't be completely naive.

I had a crush on a classmate in high school. Two years ago we reconnected, and had mature adult conversations. I learned that some of those stereotypes were in fact true, in regards to that person, while others not so much.

The conclusion is, you might as well go with you assumptions, because that's all you've got to work with anyway until you learn more. And that's totally alright.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 6:44 am

magz wrote:
People can have personal tastes of any kind. I pay a lot of attention to man's nose and eyebrows. They are not strictly a race thing but correlated with it.

Context: Relationships.
The most important factor is a compatible personality.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 6:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Just don’t preclude yourself from EVER being attracted to a person of a certain race. Otherwise , you’re racist.

And don’t feel it’s a mortal sin if you happen to feel an attraction to a person of a certain race. Because we are all humans.

"Cultural compatibility" is an important factor to consider.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 6:51 am

Food for thought. :idea:

Could personality disorders ever create valid personalities that can be evaluated for compatiblity...?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 6:55 am

I doubt it.

It sounds like a recipe for an extremely volatile situation.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’ve been attracted to women of every possible race.

It’s true. You can’t help sexual attraction.

If one precludes one’s self from being attracted to a person of a certain race because of false notions pertaining to that race, that’s racism.

If one happens to not be attracted to a certain person of a certain race, that’s not necessarily racism.

"Smell" is also part of partner compatibility.
Apparently, this pertains to biological compatibility producing a healthy child.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:04 am

Here's an amusing paradox. Skunks do in fact reproduce, despite the smell. :shrug:

Where_am_I
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:04 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
I can’t really understand not finding people of a particular race attractive. Finding someone attractive and being attracted to them are two different things IMO although, in either case, I don’t understand making distinctions based on race.

It doesn’t matter to me. My first boyfriend was black. I would date any person I connect with.

This.

Jamesy, this isn't the first thread like this you have made where you're stating you're not attracted to black women. Do you want us to tell you you're not racist?

I don't get it.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:07 am

r00tb33r wrote:
Food for thought. :idea:

Could personality disorders ever create valid personalities that can be evaluated for compatiblity...?

If it's a disorder then chances are it's not a good trait to have in a personality.

As for the subject of race, I think attraction can't be helped but there are always good looking men and women of all races. I think problems with personality and poor lifestyle/health are bigger problems than race.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:12 am

OP - yes you prefer white women. So what? It's your life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:12 am

I certainly wouldn’t refuse Condoleeza Rice or Michelle Obama.

AOC is not someone I’m attracted to, though. She’s not the elegant type, unlike the first two.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:17 am

^ One had dissolved her identity for political gain, while the other looks at the white man with condescending disgust.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:19 am

I agree about “scent.”

I used to believe black people had a certain distinguishing “scent”—until I got intimate with a black person.

Turns out the “scent” is that hair stuff that women use to straighten their hair.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 7:21 am

Condoleeza Rice doesn’t believe in BS. She’s an accomplished musician, and she won’t allow anyone to demean her because she’s black. She’ll never deny “who she is.”

I’m not into her political beliefs at all.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 06 Feb 2023, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.