B.C. man rescued by U.S. Coast Guard wanted in bizarre 'Goon

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 12:57 pm

B.C. man rescued by U.S. Coast Guard wanted in bizarre 'Goonies' house fish incident

Article:

https://vancouversun.com/news/weird/man ... ae57273855

goldfish connection:

When I read the blurb below the headline I recognized the name, which I've always assumed was fake but apparently it's his real name.. looked it up to double check - yep - this guy is on my Facebook friends list. 8O :lol: IIRC, I have met him before at least once - he was the roommate of a guy that used to be a regular at the beach. I can't recall which roomie he was or if he's someone I've also seen at the beach several times or not.

Anyways, I don't know him well but I've never removed him from my fb list because his posts are.. interesting/entertaining. I legit think he's schizophrenic or something. He makes posts about how the FBI is following him and trying to kill him, his friends/family comment and tell him to come back to Canada and seek help, he says he can't because he's suing all the doctors and nurses that forced psych meds on him and damaged his brain etc etc on repeat for the last few years whenever he does pop back up on Facebook and start making semi-coherent posts in between sharing usually funny but highly inappropriate memes. Maybe a part of the reason he's stayed wandering between homeless shelters in California and over to Oregon and up to Washington State vs. coming back home to Canada is the warrant he had out for his arrest on the island in Victoria ? and he never wanted to make a public FB status post about that. But I do believe that He Believes his own versions of events about doctors/FBI etc. In chatting with another friend he said he hopes he now gets the help he needs, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen in a US jail. At best he'll be sedated daily, is my guess.

Here's a video of the stolen yacht rolling over in the storm as a US Coast Guard rescue swimmer is en route to him on the boat - apparently he gets tossed into the ocean. Lucky timing for him! This was posted to his FB feed by someone I have a few mutual friends with with the comment "serious dude kinda f*****g ret*d"

He hasn't posted anything on Facebook for 3 days now.. I'm guessing it might be a while before he pops online to share how the FBI/CIA/doctors are somehow responsible for this.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:14 pm

You have a...unique...friend there. :D

Being a pirate is kinda cool (if you hafta be a lunatic). But decorating a house with a dead fish is just inane.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:20 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
You have a...unique...friend there. :D

Being a pirate is kinda cool (if you hafta be a lunatic). But decorating a house with a dead fish is just inane.

:lol:

We're friends on FB but I don't really truly Know the guy - met him at least once, though. I recognized fairly early on from his posts that there's something.. not quite right with him, but never unfriended him because it's just kinda interesting to see his wild paranoid posts about the FBI following him around and trying to kill him etc etc. Ummm yeah, because some homeless Canadian wandering around California avoiding the Canadian medical system waiting for lawyers to come through to sue all the doctors is EXACTLY the kind of person the FBI expends Millions of dollars tracking and trying to assassinate.. :ninja: :clown: Entertaining, though.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 1:36 pm

:lol: I just looked and literally the very last meme he shared 3 days ago is a Goonies meme. Coincidence? Definitely not. Funny stuff.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:13 pm

Apparently he has his phone and is back on Facebook now as I just took this screenshot of his Goonies reference status update a few hours ago:

I wonder if that means he’s not in jail ? Like maybe they just set a court date and cut him loose and now he’ll just wander around being paranoid again. Probably. But then he’s going to have warrants out for his arrest in both countries. Guess he won’t care much about that if he’s drifting between homeless shelters and camps and stolen yachts or whatever.

Strange duck that one.