Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 11:11 am

aspyoz wrote:
I was VERY careful to double check the spelling of everything, because i didnt want a regert tattoo :)

:lol: I was thinking more 'Hell's Angles' which are of course obtuse, acute and right :D

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 1:12 pm

My brother was allergic to the red dye in his and it nearly killed him.
Some kind of rare allergy or something.
I like the ones with red.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:14 pm

Cool!

I’m going to get one at some point. I just don’t know what, where, or when. :lol:

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:20 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

No way! That's terrible and extremely weird as I'm also allergic to red ink (and white) which is a bit of twat seeing as my last tat had lots of red - it's always itchy and feels like a mild burn most days :roll:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 8:20 pm

Yup. It was a tatt he did for my dad. It affected his liver and he was in hospital for about a week. The whole thing swelled up really badly.

Apparently red dye is different than the other colours. Same thing with red food dye, which causes a lot of allergies and behavioural problems for kids.

I hadn't heard about white though. That's freaky.

PS. It's STILL itchy? Wow - That must suck. I'm sure it was worth it though overall.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 11:54 pm

My daughter had a reaction to some colored ink, I can’t remember what color.
She had to see a doctor about it and it was a contaminant in the ink.

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 4:16 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I have some t shirts with pretty snappy sayings on them, such as "I came, I saw, I had anxiety so I left". You know what's great about T shirts? You can change out of them whenever you want. If you get tired of what's on the shirt or don't like it anymore, you don't have to worry, it comes off easily because it's not permanently stuck to your body (unless you have very questionable hygiene). And if I decide what's on the shirt is REALLY cringy, outdated, or it just gets really faded and ugly, I can throw it away or turn it into cleaning rags or something like that.

You get what I'm saying?

All good

Only communists dont get an opinion...

I'd had years to decide what i wanted, the Steadman illustration never getting old, and neither is what im calling my personal motto on the left arm either...i chose things that personally reflected me, for myself, and literally do not care what anyone else thinks. Its about me feeling better about being me, which has taken most of my life. Other peoples opinions are intrinsically what theyre fighting against. Its amazing how much better ive felt since ive had them, but i guess that can happen when you take away peoples power to judge you, when youve been judged most of your life :)

Im wired wrong, but you'll love me....

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 4:17 am

old_comedywriter wrote:
And now you just made yourself weirder. Good luck with that.

Please refer to previous comment

And maybe try and support others, instead of trying to tear them down, perhaps you were having a bad day?

Make better choices...

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 4:22 am

Misslizard wrote:
They did a good job, very crisp lettering.
I don’t have any.My daughter is the inked one.
I could never decide where or what I wanted.

It actually came out better than i imagined, and im just going through the period where it peels and flakes and will settle after healing.

I hadnt ever really thought about having one until the last few 5, so it wasnt a long term dream of mine or anything. But i didnt just want an overdone tribal or anything youve seen 1,000 times. And when i decided on something, i tend to go big or go home...so they were always going to be big, and never going to be just one...

Knowing what you want is definitely critical, i couldnt ever had just a bit of artwork, it was always going to be a statement, or two, for me....im not what you would call subtle

As ive told people all m,y life when they first me, "I was born without a tact gland" :)

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 4:24 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

the original submission on the one on the left arm had green for the word wired, and red for weird, to make them stand out, but as ive seen how badly colours age on other peoples tattoos, i decided to go all black

Had no idea you could have reactions to colours in inks, so have taken note :)

aspyoz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 4:28 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Cool!

I’m going to get one at some point. I just don’t know what, where, or when. :lol:

Depending on your friends, you could always ask friends for ideas, then choose 5 or 6 and then have a public forum vote

Thats half of how i got here :)

p.s. Arguably worth mentioning a few years back it looked like i might lose a testicle due to a medical issue, and i even put up to vote whether i should monoball it or get a prosthetic. Theres basically no filtering my life and ill (over)share anything for a bit of personal amusement. At my core, im an idea's man :)