Mega Quake in Turkey signals the end of time

Page 1 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 11:59 am

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/live/article-11717831/syria-Turkey-earthquake-today-LIVE-map.html
Ok, I'm just kidding. I do believe Biblical prophecies that devastating earthquakes and so forth will mark the end times, but I also believe that the literal last DAYS won't come before everyone God wants in heaven has been saved.

So as far as why disasters like these happen is concerned, we live in what I believe to be a broken universe in which these things are bound to happen. Earthquakes destroy evil people, yes. But they destroy good people with them, too. Until the end really does come, there's nothing to do but to be grateful for each new day we get to live, pray for those who have lost loved ones or have been injured, and reach out any way we possibly can to help those having to navigate difficult times.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 12:02 pm

That was today?

I have friends in Turkey. Now I'm worried.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 12:30 pm

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/05/euro ... index.html

The damage is in southern Turkey, northern Syria, and other Middle Eastern areas nearby.

This area gets lots of earthquakes, unfortunately.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 3:02 pm

Quote:
I do believe Biblical prophecies that devastating earthquakes and so forth will mark the end times

There have been several extinction events in earth history, one in human history with a super volcano that wiped out most of the early humans just a few thousand years ago.

I`m sorry for those that died today, but as so far in Earth`s natural history, today was a pin prick.

- George Bernie Shaw

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 3:50 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2023/02/05/europe/earthquake-hits-turkey-intl-hnk/index.html

The damage is in southern Turkey, northern Syria, and other Middle Eastern areas nearby.

This area gets lots of earthquakes, unfortunately.

Yes. The Middleast is right where several tectonic plates meet. The whole Mediterranean is prone to volcanism and earthquakes. Has recorded them for thousands of years.

And thats on top of the instability of the human landscape of the same region. The Syrian Civil war generated refugees, and double refugees (folks who were already refugees from the war in Iraq), and now there will be a number of refugees from this natural disaster too.

Syria is literally pushing against Turkey. Syria and Iraq are part of the Arabian plate...which broke off from Africa and pushing against Eurasian plate at Iran and Turkey.

Since dinosaur times Africa has been slowly coming apart at the great Rift Valley (which extends from Kenya, and Tanzania, through Ethiopia. The Red Sea is part of the Rift Valley of Africa, and the Jordan Valley (including the Dead Sea, and the Sea of Galilee)is a little pinky finger extension at the top of the Great Rift Valley of Africa. In the days of the dinosaurs Italy broke off North Africa and rammed into the belly of Europe forcing up the Alps.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 3:50 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
That was today?

I have friends in Turkey. Now I'm worried.

Actually two mega quakes happened viewtopic.php?t=411605

Josh68
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Feb 2023, 5:24 am

Syria was already ravaged by war, now this catastrophe. Very sad!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 1:42 pm

Death toll exceeding the 25000. :pale:

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 1:46 pm

Aren't earthquakes caused by humans drilling deep into the earth's surface for oil? If it is true then it proves how evil greed is. I heard they do it in the UK now or something, so I suppose we'll start getting earthquakes soon too.

But I'm no geologist, it's just what I've heard people saying.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Feb 2023, 1:50 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Aren't earthquakes caused by humans drilling deep into the earth's surface for oil?
No. These are rock bursts and they are way more benign.

Big earthquakes, similarily to volcanos, are 100% natural phenomena. Africa is slowly drifting towards Europe and it creates tensions that are sometimes violently released, in form of earthquakes. The mechanism - plate tectonics - has been on since the Earth crust became solid.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 2:44 pm

Earthquakes are caused by the movement of the Earth’s ground along “faults.”

Unfortunately, Turkey has quite a few large “faults.”

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 3:01 pm

AngelRho wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/live/article-11717831/syria-Turkey-earthquake-today-LIVE-map.html
Ok, I'm just kidding. I do believe Biblical prophecies that devastating earthquakes and so forth will mark the end times, but I also believe that the literal last DAYS won't come before everyone God wants in heaven has been saved.

So as far as why disasters like these happen is concerned, we live in what I believe to be a broken universe in which these things are bound to happen. Earthquakes destroy evil people, yes. But they destroy good people with them, too. Until the end really does come, there's nothing to do but to be grateful for each new day we get to live, pray for those who have lost loved ones or have been injured, and reach out any way we possibly can to help those having to navigate difficult times.

It's likely that there will be no human catastrophe for at least a few years, and we have measures like the seed vault to protect against such a situation. The real end of the Earth specifically will probably be when the Sun enters its red giant phase, which will create imagery similar to apocalypse and things like that. However, since that will be millions if not billions of years in the future, humans will either be long dead or long gone (space) and I doubt any hypothetical god could simultaneously combust several planets at once, at least not with current studies. Also, in rural parts of the world, earthquakes might not even do much damage. Biblical prophecies have so far been wrong every. single. time. There's even a whole wikipedia page dedicated to failed apocalypse predictions. it's long. The end times will either be by human hand very soon or by predictable nature very far in the future.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 9:32 pm

Readydaer wrote:
Biblical prophecies have so far been wrong every. single. time.

Not really. To understand Biblical prophecy, it's useful to understand first what the purpose of Biblical prophecy even is. Jonah predicted that Ninevah would be destroyed. It wasn't (at least not at that point in time). The Lord even responded to Jonah as to why the prophecy remained unfulfilled.

But that wasn't even really the point of my post. The point is awful stuff happens and we should help people when and where we can.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 3:44 am

carlos55 wrote:
... as so far in Earth`s natural history, today was a pin prick.
^ This. People have been prophesying the end of the earth for the last four-thousand years, and no-one has been correct yet.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 5:37 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Death toll exceeding the 25000. :pale:

I have heard it said that it could be as high as 50,000.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 5:57 am

Fnord wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
... as so far in Earth`s natural history, today was a pin prick.
^ This. People have been prophesying the end of the earth for the last four-thousand years, and no-one has been correct yet.

For anyone wanting to predict the end of the world, the Bible gives zero indication of that. There are some clues as to when the end is close, but the conditional nature of Biblical prophecy can appear walk the date of the 2nd coming back same as the nuclear doomsday clock. Sure, we’re living in the last days. We just have no way of knowing how many days we have. The only thing we can know is that the world will end and every day is one day closer to it.

I started watching this film series called The Da7s of Noah. While I wasn’t totally on board with how they determined the beginning of Earth and the date of the flood, I figured to some extent it was plausible. Within minutes of the second film, I realized it was just Adventist propaganda. There’s no code that gives a date for the end of the world. At that point, the movie wasn’t even good FICTION.