Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 6:46 am

Which of these symptoms do you have

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 8:37 am

Those are the symptoms of yeast overgrowth, so I wondered if people who have asd are likely to have yeast overgrowth as well

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 9:28 am

ASD doesn't cause yeast overgrowth.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 9:36 am

I don't have "yeast overgrowth"---but I do experience "low energy" and "brain fog" at times, though never to a severe extent.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 9:44 am

Many of those symptoms are caused by any number of things.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2023, 4:27 am

I have all those symptoms except dandruff. I had bad skin eczema as a kid & tween. I kinda outgrew it in my teens but it came back some in the last 10 years. Some of it may be due to moving to a much colder climate & heaters being hard on my skin along with stress or being more independent. I generally tend to have low energy, brain fog, & I sometimes feel hungover when I wake up. I assumed that was due to my ADHD, stress, & being on various psych meds to help manage stress & other mental issues but I got diagnosed with sleep apnea about half a year ago so that could explain those symptoms too.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 5:46 am

i think there is something to this cos:

Quote:
Of the many medical comorbidities associated with ASD, GI distress has gained significant attention because of its reported prevalence and association with symptom severity. In fact, 7 out of the 11 children that Leo Kanner3 described in his landmark article defining “infantile autism” are described as having eating/feeding or dietary problems, supporting an early association of ASD with GI issues.

https://journals.lww.com/hrpjournal/ful ... rum.5.aspx

i should have worded the survey differently to account for people who dont have issues though

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 7:14 am

GI problems can be caused by various things indirectly related to autism including :arrow:
Anxiety, panic attacks, & stress.
Side-effects of medications that treat autism comorbids like various psych meds.
Being very picky eaters due to taste & texture sensitivities, & liking predictability & routeine with food.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 7:20 am

I vomited a lot as a young child.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 11:55 am

I only threw up when I caught a stomach bug, which was only about once or twice a year, then I became immune to them once I reached about age 8. Then I never threw up again until I was 27, and then not since. *Touch wood*

The only physical health problem I had as a child was glue ear.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 4:57 pm

I only vomited as a kid when I was sick which was about as often as my peers & a few times when I was experiencing motion sickness but Louisiana is a very flat state & I had motion sickness both times me & my parents went on vacation in the mountains. Thankfully I never vomited due to motion sickness since I was a tween. The main health issues I had as a kid that were unrelated to my disabilities were migraines or stress headaches that were agrevated by stress & me hating having to go to school, & me having sinus infections.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2023, 5:47 pm

I have low energy for other reasons, nothing else on the list. I also have never had any chronic GI problems or food allergies/sensitivities. It’s rare for me to even get a “stomach bug” (which I attribute at least in part to being rigid and strict in regards to food safety, probably due to my ASD :lol: ). But I realize I’m quite likely in the minority.

Interestingly, in a family of four, I am the only one with full ASD (probably level 2), but I’m the one with the naturally healthiest GI system.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Feb 2023, 9:23 am

If someone has toenail fungus from wearing wet shoes, you can take a pill that gets rid of it. I only mention it because doctors can see that people have it and don’t recommend the pill I assume because having jacked up toenails is not life threatening.

Businesses sell a lot of over the counter remedies that IMHO do not work and people know they don’t work. Then, you have people that swear by home remedies that do not work but they have a delusion that they work. I think clearing up someone’s toenails goes along way to improving their looks.

I realize also that it is an age related thing. Some people may think it is inevitable with age and it may be. I am not that old so who am I to say. People can get toenail fungus by having to walk wet grass or enjoying the outdoors at young ages also. There is a lot of delusion floating around about it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 2:53 am

I have chronic rhinitis.
It screws my sleep quality, energy levels fluctuates a lot and this persistent fog in my head.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2023, 5:30 am

^
I used to have that, but the answer was simply to eat more fruit n veg. Cos allergies were caused by acid/alkaline imbalance in my case.
I used to sneeze 100 times in one day, during allergy season.

I am able to wake up not feeling terrible now :)
I think I had bad Candida.

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Feb 2023, 7:47 pm

I occasionally have brain fog and low energy, but that's more because of chemotherapy for stage 1a ovarian cancer. It's done as a precaution after having my ovaries and uterus removed, as the cancer cells were found in the fluid of the large cyst I had on my right ovary.