Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 7:57 am

Alex Mann has visited police departments in 5 states to support for law enforcement and educate officers on dealing with people with autism.

Quote:
Alex Mann a 22-year-old with autism, has a goal to visit as many police departments across the state. His aim is to support and share a personal perspective on how officers can better understand and interact with individuals with autism.

Mann visited the Princeton Police Department recently. This was the 293rd stop on his long trip.

During his visit to the police department, Mann got an up-close view of the patrol vehicles, visited K9 Ellie and Alex provided officers with helpful tips on how to interact with autistic individuals.

So far, Mann has visited 294 police departments in five states. He is committed to traveling over 10,000 miles to spread his message and show support for law enforcement agencies.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman