recovering after a meltdown

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 8:22 pm

i had a huge meltdown this evening but my new partner handled it well

he held me down until i was calm and then i exhausted myself and fell asleep for a few hours on the sofa

its 1.20am now and iv just woke up and thought id check in this site before going to bed
im glad my partner went home while i was asleep so that i can just go to bed without feeling obliged to have to interact (i know im interacting here but it takes less energy
but after a few more hours sleep i should be able to verbally talk again and lucky its my day off today

it was an intense meltdown.. i dont remember much of it but i did go on the floor and kicked my partner when he held me down but after pressure on me i calmed down and he got me to lay on the sofa thats when i fell asleep

im going to bed now

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2023, 10:10 pm

Wow - If someone touched me or held me down during a meltdown they'd be very sorry.

It's funny how we're all different.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 12:26 am

Caz72 wrote:

he held me down until i was calm and then i exhausted myself and fell asleep for a few hours on the sofa

its 1.20am now and iv just woke up and thought id check in this site before going to bed
im glad my partner went home while i was asleep so that i can just go to bed without feeling obliged to have to interact (i know im interacting here but it takes less energy
but after a few more hours sleep i should be able to verbally talk again and lucky its my day off today

it was an intense meltdown.. i dont remember much of it but i did go on the floor and kicked my partner when he held me down but after pressure on me i calmed down and he got me to lay on the sofa thats when i fell asleep

im going to bed now

May I ask what caused your meltdown?

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:58 am

Pepe wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

im going to bed now

May I ask what caused your meltdown?

its a long story but it involved a bad day at work and my son making a big mess in the kitchen and living room with his friends who had gone by then