Man sues woman for friendzoning him

Page 2 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:48 pm

Recidivist wrote:
If a man never asks (for whatever reason) then any psychological harm is his own issue.

I did ask...the response I got was sufficiently ambiguous/vague that she kept the flame of hope going. In retrospect I think she had a number of men hooked and wanted to see how things transpired and whether she would have a fall back in case things didn't work out with alpha male number 1 or 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:49 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
In all honesty, I think this situation is utterly absurd.

It's unique, But not absurd in that many of us can relate.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I sleep with all my male friends.
It makes life a lot easier.

:D

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:52 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Me too but only on Thursdays.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:54 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I do two-for-one ladies' nights on Sundays.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:57 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I do two-for-one ladies' nights on Sundays.

What a great idea! :P

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:58 pm

Wouldn't want anyone to feel left out. ^

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:58 pm

I friendzoned a lot of men before I met my boyfriend.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:00 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
If a man never asks (for whatever reason) then any psychological harm is his own issue.

I did ask...the response I got was sufficiently ambiguous/vague that she kept the flame of hope going. In retrospect I think she had a number of men hooked and wanted to see how things transpired and whether she would have a fall back in case things didn't work out with alpha male number 1 or 2

In your situation, I would say any theoretical psychological harm is still your issue, as you knew the answer was ambiguous/vague and took it as a green light rather than getting the answer set in stone (which I know is a real passion killer sometimes :lol: ).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:00 pm

Friendzoning is ok so long as the man is made to explicitly understand friendship is all he is going to get

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:02 pm

Recidivist wrote:
In your situation, I would say any theoretical psychological harm is still your issue, as you knew the answer was ambiguous/vague and took it as a green light rather than getting the answer set in stone (which I know is a real passion killer sometimes :lol: ).

The power of hormones when you are in your 20s is a massive driver when the prospect of sex is dangled in front of you. Males in the 20s don't have particularly well developed executive decision control and it doesn't take much to get us hooked into a relationship that is destined to go nowhere.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:03 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

I really need to get to know someone before I sleep with them, it's uncomfortable for me if I don't know them well.

Friends with benefits is best.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:05 pm

cyberdad wrote:
But that doesn't happen in the real world. Many women do enjoy this power they have over men. Hence the ambiguous signals.

I have a lot of male friends.
I joke and flirt I guess when it's appropriate (going both ways / when comfortable enough).

I've never thought of it as power and I've never led people on in any kind of calculating way.

There's only one friend in my life I'd shag and I think they know it but it's not an option anyway.

There's no mindfuckkery as far as I know.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:06 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

The power of hormones when you are in your 20s is a massive driver when the prospect of sex is dangled in front of you. Males in the 20s don't have particularly well developed executive decision control and it doesn't take much to get us hooked into a relationship that is destined to go nowhere.

Yeah, doesn't change my answer.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:08 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

So men in their 20s need to accept this and factor it into their relationships to make sure no one gets hurt.
I'd argue that women in their 20s can love-bomb prospective partners too even if it's crushes etc.
Sometimes the other party plays along like they're interested, but they really aren't.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm

Recidivist wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I really need to get to know someone before I sleep with them, it's uncomfortable for me if I don't know them well.

I can’t do one night stands for this reason.