Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:28 pm

Do you do it?

I often sit or lay on the floor even when there are seats available. I don’t know why.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:33 pm

Yes. I'm a floor sitter and always have been. I don't even own kitchen, dining, or office desk chairs.

I either sprawl on sofas with my feet over my head and laptop on my stomach, or I'm twisted up like a yoga pretzel with knees to my chin on a squishy armchair, or else I'm on the floor with or without a beanbag chair.

I did my 12-hour ASD test sat on the floor in her office.

I can't even sit properly on the seat to drive. I need to have one foot tucked up by my thigh.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:42 pm

I used to sit and lay on the floor until my back got f****d up. :cry: Now it hurts if I do that. lol

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:45 pm

Fairfield wrote:
I used to sit and lay on the floor until my back got f****d up. :cry: Now it hurts if I do that. lol

This is why I get massages, and go to osteopathy / acupuncture lol - but real chairs are way worse.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:46 pm

I sit at the table when I'm eating lunch or dinner, but I usually sit on the floor when I'm drawing or writing. I find it hard to sit still in a chair when doing a calm activity that requires focus, so that's why I like to sit on the floor where I can change positions. I do sit at the table when I'm on my laptop though.

I hardly ever sit on the sofa. I have a DVD player in my bedroom because when I want to watch a DVD I prefer to lay.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 6:52 pm

In social settings I hate sitting down in general with people who are not a member of my household, I'm usually a 'hoverer' i.e stands when everyone else is sitting.

Sitting on the floor with my knees is a bad idea.

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Feb 2023, 6:58 pm

Floor. Or on the couch as if it were the floor - legs up. Sometimes backwards to use the back as a writing surface.

I sit on the floor in my classroom. I also sit on my desk and tables. One year a student took a wheel off my desk chair in November. I sat down in it one day in February and when it tipped, they told me how long it had been. Then he couldn’t remember where he put the wheel, so I removed the chair from the room and didn’t replace it.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:02 pm

no i like to sit in my corner on the couch

i sometimes sit cross legged on my bed when sorting out my underwear or even reading a magazine

i can sit in all sorts of weird positions

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:13 pm

Recidivist wrote:
In social settings I hate sitting down in general with people who are not a member of my household, I'm usually a 'hoverer' i.e stands when everyone else is sitting.

Sitting on the floor with my knees is a bad idea.

Have you tried sitting without your knees?
Just a thought.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:21 pm

^ I would love to take my knees out of the equation, how do I do this without a shotgun?

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:22 pm

Photoshop? :scratch:

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:25 pm

I like sitting on staircases.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:28 pm

Recidivist wrote:
^ I would love to take my knees out of the equation, how do I do this without a shotgun?

f**k. This made me lol. :lol:

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:32 pm

If I can't handle sitting at all I just stand, because I have ADHD and can't always sit still. I try to not do that too often though because that and my swaying is a "distraction" and "inappropriate behaviour". I have no idea how it could be that. :roll: /j

Also, this reminds me, I need to order one of those "wiggle seats" I had to use in school to sit still. Those are fun AF.

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:40 pm

Fairfield wrote:
Recidivist wrote:

f**k. This made me lol. :lol:

I hope you had a f****d up mental image in your mind's eye and that is what made you lol :twisted: - dark humour rules.

Fairfield wrote:
If I can't handle sitting at all I just stand, because I have ADHD and can't always sit still. I try to not do that too often though because that and my swaying is a "distraction" and "inappropriate behaviour". I have no idea how it could be that. :roll: /j

I think it's my ADHD that make's me stand as well, but I don't get 'distraction' or 'inappropriate behaviour' I get 'Sit down, you are making me nervous' :roll: .

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2023, 7:44 pm

I do that too. I hadn't even noticed. When I first went for ADHD testing my kids were like "Um, yeah .... you can't even sit still for five minutes when we watch something. You're up and down like a jackhammer." I hover all the time. I even eat standing up most of the time if I'm alone - just stand at the kitchen counter and finish whatever I made.