Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Feb 2023, 4:15 am

I've been on Ozempic/Semaglutide for about a year & a half but there is currently a major shortage of Ozempic & other injections for diabetes. I haven't been able to get my prescription filled for a couple months now due to the shortage. I was prescribed Ozempic for a couple months before I started taking it & I was filling it as soon as my insurance allowed me to so I had a bit stocked up but my stock is running low. My blood sugar was in the medium high range for a long time before my doc put me on Ozempic. My psych put me on an antipsychotic that has a potential side-effect of raising blood sugar so my doc was concerned about my blood sugar possibly getting worse. I've gained a lot of weight as well over the last 10 years partly due to med side-effects & binge-eating due to stress. After I started Ozempic I've been pigging out a little less & I've lost a bit of weight. I'm still overweight but I'm trying to buy less snacks(cant afford to) & be more active & I've made a bit of progress last year. Ozempic is the only diabetic med I've ever been on & I'm worried about losing my progress if I go without it. I know I need to see my doc & I should have an appointment in about a month & my Ozempic should last till then. I'd like to research meds in the meantime thou & have some ideas of what I'd like to switch to. I would want to switch to something that's available in a generic cuz a shortage would be a lot less likely since more than one company would be able to produce it. I'd hate to switch meds & then have to switch again a couple months later due to that med being out of stock. Does anybody have any ideas for generic diabetes meds :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition