i made a girl cry on the bus today

Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2023, 10:44 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
IMO it wasn’t very nice to call her out on it.

There’s no need to show one’s authority. Just ask nicely for someone to pick it up if it’s causing a problem. It didn’t need to become a thing.

i did but its some of the people in this thread thats making it look like a bigger thing than it really was

i heard the bottle drop and i knew it was her because of the way the other passengers looked at her as i asked
i spoke in a non intimidating tone
i just hate people dropping rubbish on my buses

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 1:02 pm

Caz72 wrote:
was just showing my authority

Aka engaging in a power trip.

But hey, you're a hero for making someone cry. What a great accomplishment worthy of bragging about.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:09 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

But hey, you're a hero for making someone cry. What a great accomplishment worthy of bragging about.

I wouldn't say that at all. She didn't shout at anyone.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:11 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

Since when was one required to shout in order to be engaging in a power trip? :chin:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:18 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Caz72 wrote:

Since when was one required to shout in order to be engaging in a power trip? :chin:

One doesn't a lot of the time but for something so trivial, it's pretty much the only way.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:19 pm

Nades wrote:
One doesn't a lot of the time but for something so trivial, it's pretty much the only way.

No, we've literally got an admission:

Caz72 wrote:

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:21 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Caz72 wrote:

She's the bus driver and it happened on her bus. Of course she has the authority.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:25 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Caz72 wrote:

She's the bus driver and it happened on her bus. Of course she has the authority.

Having authority doesn't always justify how one chooses to use it. A power trip is defined by using one's authority with excessive harshness in order to make themselves feel powerful or authoritative, just because they can and will face zero consequences.

Well guess what, this entire thread is for a poster to brag about being abusive towards someone and making them cry, just because they felt entitled to because of their authority. That's a power trip and you can defend it all you like but it is what it is and I will call it what it is.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:30 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Caz72 wrote:

Having authority doesn't always justify how one chooses to use it. A power trip is defined by using one's authority with excessive harshness in order to make themselves feel powerful or authoritative, just because they can and will face zero consequences.

Well guess what, this entire thread is for a poster to brag about being abusive towards someone and making them cry, just because they felt entitled to because of their authority. That's a power trip and you can defend it all you like but it is what it is and I will call it what it is.

How was she going to know it would result in her crying? She didn't do anything I would consider excessive. Perhaps not tossing a bottle on the floor would have been a better option if she didn't want to attract attention to herself.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:35 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:

Caz72 wrote:

How was she going to know it would result in her crying? She didn't do anything I would consider excessive. Perhaps not tossing a bottle on the floor would have been a better option if she didn't want to attract attention to herself.

We don't know the full story, just as Caz relates it. Most people tend to downplay their own negative behaviours.

None of you've said makes the behaviour any less of a power trip and nothing you've said makes this thread any less of an attempt to brag about said power trip.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:38 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

We don't know the full story, just as Caz relates it. Most people tend to downplay their own negative behaviours.

None of you've said makes the behaviour any less of a power trip and nothing you've said makes this thread any less of an attempt to brag about said power trip.

But what she's said is all we have to go on and she said a bottle was rolling on the floor and she told the girl not to do it again, not all that unreasonable.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:44 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

But what she's said is all we have to go on and she said a bottle was rolling on the floor and she told the girl not to do it again, not all that unreasonable.

Only if we believe the girl was so emotionally unstable that being spoken to in a gentle voice was enough to reduce her to tears.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:44 pm

Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

No one had to be singled out, though. She could’ve just asked nicely for someone to pick it up if it was a problem.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:45 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Nades wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Only if we believe the girl was so emotionally unstable that being spoken to in a gentle voice was enough to reduce her to tears.

A lot of kids genuinely are.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:46 pm

Nades wrote:
A lot of kids genuinely are.

A lot of people love to reach when defending bullies.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 2:54 pm

Buses are like public toilets in the UK. I hate them they're filthy germ boxes.

Well done Caz. That's your workplace. You should be free to tell people to take their sh*t with them when they leave. I'm sure they wouldn't want to sit in a workplace or classroom that was slowly filling up with other people's discarded rubbish.

Ignorant f*ckers.