i made a girl cry on the bus today

Page 1 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 9:50 am

oops

as i was driving the bus i noticed someone had threw an empty bottle on the floor and having a bottle keep rolling around while im driving is really annoying + i dont like people leaving their trash on the bus

so i pulled over and asked whose bottle it was.nobody responded for a few seconds then a girl stood up looking quite shameful and picked it up not looking very happy

so i said it doesnt belong on the floor does it

she shook her head then when she got off i just told her in a gentle tone that theres usually a litter bin at most bus stops so next time just hold on to it until you get off then put it in the bin its not hard

she burst into tears and stomped off
yeah i probably humiliated her but tough

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 10:15 am

First of all, it sounds like you were setting some good boundaries because a bus is a public place where everyone should be respectful of each other. I don't think you meant to make that girl cry but she does sound like she has the bit of an attitude.

Radish
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 10:57 am

Well done for speaking up. If the slob couldn't handle the truth, tough.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 1:22 pm

Ha! She's probably just a snotty little princess who is not used to people telling her when she's done something stupid or wrong. I can hardly believe how rude, disgusting and gross people on the bus can be. They drop even worse garbage than an empty bottle.

At least that's what I've heard, I haven't taken the bus in years, but when I did take the bus it was reasonably clean and nothing like Weird Al's "Another One Rides The Bus", a song parody of Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust". :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 4:09 pm

You talked to her like she is a child so she was humiliated.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 4:09 pm

I once had a water bottle roll from the back seat, under the driver seat, and finally making it into the footwell and lodging itself under the brake pedal. True story.

When I braked I had to push hard enough to compress the bottle. Needless to say, that is scary.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 4:12 pm

She threw it on the floor? Like a projectile?
Is it possible she dropped it?

I would have stopped at a red light and just asked for someone to please pick it up.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 4:36 pm

Had to take the buses to get to the place my car was impounded (by my own apartment).

Struggled to understand the complex bus schedule posted on the kiosk while standing in the rain. Then as I boarded I asked the lady driver if her bus was going to or from such and such. And she laid some sarcastic s**t on me for ...not having the psychic powers to know the city bus system by heart...I suppose. THAT person deserved an ass kicking. But not you.

Seeing an empty soda bottle rolling around the floor of my own car while I am driving is disconcerting enough for me to stop, pull over, and to chase the thing down and grab it, and place it where wont roll- like in a cupholder. So I dont blame you.

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:47 pm

She probably just dropped it or something, which is why she cried. I don't get why you'd automatically resort to humiliating someone so bad that you made them cry??? I have severe social anxiety and if a bus driver did this to me because I dropped a f*****g bottle I'd cry and never step foot on a bus again.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:52 pm

Fairfield wrote:
She probably just dropped it or something, which is why she cried. I don't get why you'd automatically resort to humiliating someone so bad that you made them cry??? I have severe social anxiety and if a bus driver did this to me because I dropped a f*****g bottle I'd cry and never step foot on a bus again.

Exactly. ^

Was the girl was acting erratically and she threw it in the air?
If she did, Caz and others would have seen it and there wouldn't be any question who it was.

For all we knew her friend grabbed the bottle and dropped or tossed it.
Maybe she has a physical problem and couldn't hold it.
Maybe she dropped it and didn't want to get up to retrieve it (social anxiety).

I would have been mortified and I'd likely report the driver for sassing me in front of people.
I'm sure there's a code of conduct for both the driver and the passengers.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:53 pm

I think I would have felt humiliated too.

No disrespect to the OP, but in my experience getting buses, it seems to be the women drivers that are more authoritative than the men drivers.

But I think ''who threw that?'' is actually another way of saying ''please can someone pick that up''.

Also, in the UK, ''throw'' is another word commonly used for ''drop'', in the context of littering.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 5:57 pm

I'm sure there's camera footage on the bus.
I'd be curious to know what really happened.
Poor girl.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 6:00 pm

i may seem heartless because i dont really feel guilty about maing someone cry but i didnt want to make her cry and i didnt gloat for making her cry but i still didnt feel guilty because its not really an emotion i normally feel and i try to stop passengers from making a mess if i can help it

at my depot us drivers have to sweep the bus we were driving after our shift and you be surprised at the stuff we find

i think people need to be more respectful and stop treating the bus like its a moving dumpster

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 6:02 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Fairfield wrote:

Exactly. ^

Was the girl was acting erratically and she threw it in the air?
If she did, Caz and others would have seen it and there wouldn't be any question who it was.

For all we knew her friend grabbed the bottle and dropped or tossed it.
Maybe she has a physical problem and couldn't hold it.
Maybe she dropped it and didn't want to get up to retrieve it (social anxiety).

I would have been mortified and I'd likely report the driver for sassing me in front of people.
I'm sure there's a code of conduct for both the driver and the passengers.

If I was in a moving bus and dropped a bottle that rolled away I wouldn't get up to get it, social anxiety or not. You're not supposed to get up out of your seat. I wouldn't be an as*hole for following the f*****g rules. This is such an odd power trip.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 7:09 pm

Caz72 wrote:
at my depot us drivers have to sweep the bus we were driving after our shift and you be surprised at the stuff we find

i think people need to be more respectful and stop treating the bus like its a moving dumpster

One bottle on the floor makes it a moving dumpster?

Yes of course, people shouldn't litter.
People shouldn't berate and humiliate others in public either, but it seems that happens.

I doubt this girl was responsible for all of the mess.
It seems kind of like overkill imo.
If I had done that I'd be concerned about being reported, possibly even by other passengers.
Here they'd likely review footage and send the driver to anger management classes.

Caz72
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2023, 7:37 pm

Quote:
One bottle on the floor makes it a moving dumpster?

no but many passengers do treat buses like moving dumpsters there are loads of trash to sweep up every day

Quote:
I doubt this girl was responsible for all of the mess.

i know that i just wanted the bottle picked up before it became a hazard as there is a sign in the buses saying to not to trash the buses even tho most people take no notice but i still feel its my responsibility to keep the walkways clear of bottles and other trash like that

people can get out of seats while the bus is moving btw
please dont swear in my thread