Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:00 am

What are some examples of times when someone got someone else in trouble, at work, school, home, or otherwise?

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 5:20 am

from school days on, reporting that I did things I never did, provoking me continually until I fought back, then I was the one that was punished. Siblings at home blamed me and I was punished when it was them who had done the "bad thing" that they lied abut. Co workers set me up continually to cause failure and reported and complained about me, one co worker sabotaged my work after I had performed it, Kids at school stole my work and destroyed it so my reports. homework, projects would be late, Lifetime of sabotage and bearing false witness against me. I had no clue how to defend myself and was never believed, or if I reported it, nobody cared and did nothing. I think I must have been a horribly annoying and unlikeable kid/ person. It fills me with sadness at all the ways I have failed repeatedly in my life, but knowing about my autism, today I have an explanation that makes sense of most of it. No wonder I was depressed and suicidal from age 8 to 30, I have mostly such difficult and sad memories of that time of my life.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

ninjaman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Feb 2023, 4:11 pm

sorry to hear about that autisticelders. I have something similar. I am afraid to fight back due to losing and others blaming me. I dont like the idea of trying to fight back as I am not clever with it. People will manipulate the situation. So learning how to deal with them is hard. I am 43 in March, I have lost my childhood to fear. My family didnt really help me, certain reasons. I was not brave enough. I do not have a diagnosis and think it would not help either way.
I hope you are making progress, all the best
Simon

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2023, 7:30 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What are some examples of times when someone got someone else in trouble, at work, school, home, or otherwise?

1. When I was a little kid, my mom had me on a special diet because of my hyperactivity. However, I didn’t understand why I suddenly could not have certain foods. Well, this one time some family members gave me a gift basket with candy. However, my mom took the candy out and replaced it with fruit. Well, I used to be friends with this little boy who was a goody two shoes. When we were alone upstairs, while visiting my grandma, I opened the little bag of whoppers. Well, he went downstairs and tattled on me.

2. 20 years ago, I had a nasty and unsupportive roommate who tattled on me to the landlord when she learned that I got laid off and didn’t have any money. However, I wrote several bad checks, which didn't help the situation. Anyway, he threatened to change the locks if I didn't pay up.

3. When I was in high school, I had a crush on someone who was in special ed with me who found out from another friend that I thought he was hot. Well, he got mad about that and lied about having a girlfriend. He then took his lying further by telling our case manager that I was going around saying that I was his girlfriend. So the case manager came and talked to me.

mx_dicaprio260298
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Mar 2023, 1:26 pm

When I was in year 2 in primary school, the older kids told me to show my underwear (which I did). I was then dragged to the headteacher's office for a talking-to, then had my 'golden time' taken away, then the following week, my mum was called in to see the headteacher and she got told off. My mum says the older kids should have gotten the consequences as they told me to do it and of course, unfair on an innocent 6 or 7 year old autistic kid.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 9:43 am

Years ago, I used my real name since it had a unique spelling as a username on some forums, which I learned the hard way.

During those days, I worked in a very toxic setting and I didn't get treated very well and especially since I am outspoken. However, they were small-minded people who had unrealistic ideas about other people who didn't fit their mold. They also did some other things that were unethical which I called them out on.

Anyway, I would use posts about my issues with the people who worked at this company and one annoying job coach about what I saw and how I was treated. Why? Because I thought it was safe

Well, another co-worker was mad at me and got ahold of the forums outside of work and shared the posts with my boss. I was pissed at the co-worker and cussed her out, which they also shared with the boss. So when I got to work, the upper-level management was very sore with me for a few days. Additionally, a different job coach was brought in and met with my boss and me. During the entire time, the boss verbally attacked me and did what she could to make me look bad in front of the job coach.

In fact, she threatened to fire me for "Gossiping" about her and her brother, who owned half of the company on the said forums, and swearing at a co-worker even if these things happened after hours. Yet, the upper manager and several people they like would say mean things about other people behind their backs all the time.