Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:21 am

Am I missing something? Do people realize that supporting Trump would be supporting a person who wants to establish a dictatorship in America? I feel that Trump cozying up to Putin and Kim Jong Il shows his true motives; he wants to see himself as a dictator too. Trump already has shown he wants to seize power and wants to abolish the constitution and election laws. He does not recognize democracy. If he or his cronies lose an election; its rigged. The same election is fair and square if he or his cronies win.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 10:56 am

*sigh*

Those people have been convinced that that would be a good thing so they’re all for it as much as their.. less than superior intellects allow them to be.

I could speculate about their genetic makeup, exposure to neurotoxins, brain injuries, drug and alcohol use, low education levels and so on and so forth but it doesn’t really matter who the lot of them are comprised of, the bottom line is that they’ve been persuaded to believe that those things are good regardless of objective reality. That’s what happens when people like that get enchanted by a cult leader.

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2023, 11:30 pm

This is kind of out of left field, but fear not! This country is headed straight down the shitter all on it's own, no bad orange man necessary. Just sit back an relax, China will be coming to you shortly.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 12:50 am

Persephone29 wrote:
This is kind of out of left field, but fear not! This country is headed straight down the shitter all on it's own, no bad orange man necessary. Just sit back an relax, China will be coming to you shortly.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :skull: :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 2:10 am

The populist cult of the strongman has always existed. From time immemorial, people have been swayed to give up their freedom by scapegoating the "other" that's allegedly responsible for all their troubles. Throw in utopian castles built in the air, and said totalitarian leaders have their souls.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2023, 3:40 am

Apartheid in the south, toxic dry lakes in the west, water wars in the midwest, a "Witch-Hunt" mentality applied to reproductive rights among our conservative leadership, and a lackadaisical attitude amongst liberals -- I hope I can ride out the next civil war and see better times afterwards.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2023, 6:20 am

Aspinator wrote:
Am I missing something? Do people realize that supporting Trump would be supporting a person who wants to establish a dictatorship in America? I feel that Trump cozying up to Putin and Kim Jong Il shows his true motives; he wants to see himself as a dictator too. Trump already has shown he wants to seize power and wants to abolish the constitution and election laws. He does not recognize democracy. If he or his cronies lose an election; its rigged. The same election is fair and square if he or his cronies win.

Well everybody knows republicans lack tech skills, who would believe they could digitally rig an election? What is the proof leftists lack the tech skills and hootzpah to pull it off? I want to see solid convincing proofs the leftists didn't rig it, other than "Leftists didn't rig it because I say so and mainstream media says so".

What are the odds the Ukraine war still would have happened if Trump was in office?

Leftists want a dictatorship over America also. I do not want Trump as my dictator, but there is a real threat of bribed leftist politicians allowing America to be invaded by China (remember that Pearl Harbor also was an inside job.) Then it would be dictatorship by China.

Quote:

This is what leftists are not getting. Too much focus on orange man, not enough on America going down the shitter with or without him.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 12:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
Apartheid in the south, toxic dry lakes in the west, water wars in the midwest, a "Witch-Hunt" mentality applied to reproductive rights among our conservative leadership, and a lackadaisical attitude amongst liberals -- I hope I can ride out the next civil war and see better times afterwards.

I'll say it again: Sweden is the only country worth emulating.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Apr 2023, 12:17 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:
Fnord wrote:

According to norden.org, 2nd highest tax burden in the world.

"The Personal Income Tax Rate in Sweden stands at 52.30 percent. Personal Income Tax Rate in Sweden averaged 55.99 percent from 1995 until 2023, reaching an all time high of 61.40 percent in 1996 and a record low of 51.50 percent in 2000."

If sweden was a real utopia they would have a robot workforce and UBI instead of all these taxes.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 12:22 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Aspinator wrote:

Well everybody knows republicans lack tech skills, who would believe they could digitally rig an election? What is the proof leftists lack the tech skills and hootzpah to pull it off? I want to see solid convincing proofs the leftists didn't rig it, other than "Leftists didn't rig it because I say so and mainstream media says so".

What are the odds the Ukraine war still would have happened if Trump was in office?

Leftists want a dictatorship over America also. I do not want Trump as my dictator, but there is a real threat of bribed leftist politicians allowing America to be invaded by China (remember that Pearl Harbor also was an inside job.) Then it would be dictatorship by China.

Quote:

This is what leftists are not getting. Too much focus on orange man, not enough on America going down the shitter with or without him.

Uuuh, how about because the judicial system from top to bottom says so? 60 some odd court cases all filed for the purpose of getting headlines and then were all tossed out or lost because there's no proof that what didn't happen happened. Even as determined by right leaning courts.

Judges, courts, the judicial system etc are not "leftists," nor "main stream media." They are literally the judge of what did and did not happen and they made their determinations more than 60 times over.

Same same for every audit conducted by very right leaning folks. Zero evidence of mass voter fraud as claimed by the LOSER WHO LOST THE ELECTION.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 12:24 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Fnord wrote:

"The Personal Income Tax Rate in Sweden stands at 52.30 percent. Personal Income Tax Rate in Sweden averaged 55.99 percent from 1995 until 2023, reaching an all time high of 61.40 percent in 1996 and a record low of 51.50 percent in 2000."

If sweden was a real utopia they would have a robot workforce and UBI instead of all these taxes.

Meanwhile, in the USA:

Quote:
The top income tax rate reached above 90% from 1944 through 1963, peaking in 1944 when top taxpayers paid an income tax rate of 94% on their taxable income. Starting in 1964, a period of income tax rate decline began, ending in 1987.

By many metrics, America was arguably a better managed country & society from 1944-1963 than more recent times under different taxation policies.

No need to emulate Sweden at all, just be conservative and go back to the ways the USA used to do things that had better results for American citizens.

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 2:03 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
Fnord wrote:

You are only looking at half the story there. What do they get in return for those tax rates?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2023, 3:02 pm

Persephone29 wrote:

In other words "lets not worry about Trump, let's worry about Trump".

Trump is all about undermining our policies of containment, screwing our allies and withdrawing from our over seas bases to make it easier for Putin and China to project power.