Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Feb 2023, 6:12 pm

Ik this is a response video, but I still feel like it's a pretty powerful explanation on how most societies dominated by the patriarchy, and toxic masculinity, in particular, hurt so many autistic males, and in particular, those autistic males who are often straight, and often white, as well!! :o :bounce: Also, here's the original F.D Signifier video, too, which I'd highly recommend watching for further context and understanding!! :D :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 12:54 am

Thanks for posting these. We have people who buy into some of these ideas here.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Mar 2023, 5:50 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

No problem!! :D :) Tbh, I'm still quite alarmed and confused by how many people on this site seem to fall into these kinds of ideals. :o :? I mean, I even started to almost fall into these kinds of ideals myself, too, while doing research on them, so this stuff's ridiculously seductive if you're in the wrong headspace when encountering it!! 8O :oops:

Dvdz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Mar 2023, 8:07 pm

BraveFig wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

No problem!! :D :) Tbh, I'm still quite alarmed and confused by how many people on this site seem to fall into these kinds of ideals. :o :? I mean, I even started to almost fall into these kinds of ideals myself, too, while doing research on them, so this stuff's ridiculously seductive if you're in the wrong headspace when encountering it!! 8O :oops:

What ideas? I watched 5 minutes of the FD Signifier video and it's literally him talking about a previous video he did and how another youtuber reacted to it and a humblebrag about him having more subscribers than that youtuber now.

Then there's a 2min sponsored segment.

After that he continues rambling on about previous videos.

He makes his first point about maleness being associated with whiteness and white maleness being an intersection about 9 mins in. But he doesn't explain how he came to that conclusion. He just says "it is".

Then he segues into "this video wasn't supposed to start like this" and talking about something that isn't about "manosphere" and what the video is supposed to be about.

Is JD signifier always this rambly?

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Mar 2023, 11:57 pm

Dvdz wrote:
BraveFig wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

What ideas? I watched 5 minutes of the FD Signifier video and it's literally him talking about a previous video he did and how another youtuber reacted to it and a humblebrag about him having more subscribers than that youtuber now.

Then there's a 2min sponsored segment.

After that he continues rambling on about previous videos.

He makes his first point about maleness being associated with whiteness and white maleness being an intersection about 9 mins in. But he doesn't explain how he came to that conclusion. He just says "it is".

Then he segues into "this video wasn't supposed to start like this" and talking about something that isn't about "manosphere" and what the video is supposed to be about.

Is JD signifier always this rambly?
TBh, yeah, FD's videos are often very long-form ones, so I guess if you have a hard time sitting through his more long-ish videos, I'd recommend just skipping the one from him I linked and going straight to the shorter one above, since it talks about autism more directly and isn't nearly as long, too!! :o :D :)

AnomalousAspergian
Raven
Raven

25 Mar 2023, 4:51 pm

There is definitely an "manosphere" (as much as I despise recent postmanteau verbiage). Although I think that people within the orbit of "The manosphere" are people who are more likely to be isolated and have no purpose, therefore latch on to anything that provides them with some sort of personal meaning after years of consuming forms of entertainment (videogames and forms of home entertainment).

It kind of reminds me of what Noam Chomsky says about people are have been saturated by corporate advertising and imagery. He says that the mass advertising industry is subsidised by the tax payer, therefore you are paying for the priviliege of having your mind destroyed by all the unrealistically narcissistic images that the ad industry constantly projects: the perfect man, the perfect woman, the product as an idea/experience and so on.

People who have been so disenfrachised and alienated to the point that the ad industry and online influences have hijacked their brains and told them what they need. That is a possibility for why some people may have gradually latched onto misogynistic ideas that can easily spread among the dumbed down, short-sighted culture of bitesize meme and social media.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 6:00 am

I feel like manosphere would be a good name for a gym