China is playing a “hundred-year game” towards “world domina

Page 6 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

slam_thunderhide
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Feb 2023, 5:51 pm

China embraces authoritarian nationalism and gets stronger, while the West embraces liberal democracy and gets weaker. And still liberals won't stop and self-reflect about that.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 7:51 pm

Did you miss where I typed "<joke>"?[/quote][/quote]
Obviously I did see it. Which is obviously the very reason I asked.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 1:49 am

slam_thunderhide wrote:
China embraces authoritarian nationalism and gets stronger, while the West embraces liberal democracy and gets weaker. And still liberals won't stop and self-reflect about that.

The last time the west embraced authoritarian nationalism it didn't go so well for the Germans or Italians.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 11:52 am

Persephone29 wrote:
I agree Pepe, I keep imagining what it will look like here in the US.

What we know:

1. They are buying up huge tracts of farming land unopposed in places like Oklahoma. Probably elsewhere, this just happens to be the place I have friends who are screaming for our 'leaders' to do something about it.
2. They have a growing influence in Latin America in places like Brazil and Venezuela.
So they are inside of us and around us... this has been happening for a while.
3. Enter Covid-19
4. Fentanyl
5. Balloons (weather :lol: )
6. UFOs invading our airspace from the North ( Russia in cahoots with, idk ? )

There are probably more, but these are the things that are easy to recall for the purposes of this discussion.

Now, how will they go about it? To use Nuclear power is counterproductive, you can't claim dominion over a wasteland. While I believe the balloon was surveying our arms cache locations, how will they overcome the NORAD? Or any of the other radar/planes to destroy them?
Ground troops will meet armed resistance by the Army and citizens.

How are they going to do it? Because I believe they can, I just don't have sufficient knowledge to imagine all the possible f**kery they have to hand. Let's all pool our collective amazing brains to anticipate the moves of this ruthless country.

* the most logical explanation I can come up with is that they'll have inside help. But, I just have a really hard time imagining all of my countrymen and women turning on their own families in sufficient numbers to accomplish this.

7. Debt traps for the poor countries.

You also forgot their growing influence in Africa as well.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 1:35 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:

I see the sense of Nationalism as a must-have necessity for a country to strive and endure to exist, without it would be lost in no time, historically every modern great country did rise with a sense of Nationalism. There was a strong sense of nationalism when America was founded and split off the British empire, there was a strong sense of nationalism behind the french revolution (wasn't Louis 16 accused for treason for the Austrians?). When you have a portion of people very non-national, it often leads to ... the entire loss of the nation and destruction. This what's happening in Iraq today.

This was actually happened in my country, historically, Lebanon's Muslims (whom most of them were in ultra-Leftist/Pan-Arabist parties) had a very weak sense of nationalism toward Lebanon, Christians were nationals. I admit as an ex-Muslims that it's the Lebanese Muslims were the ones who should be blamed the most for the 15 years of the civil war due to their absence of sense of nationalism and their allegiance to overseas identities (ie. pan-arabism, Syria,...etc), this brought the nation to peril. Sadly, only in 2005 a new generation of local young Muslims had a "national awakness" (Basically Sunna and Druze, the Shia still have this total lack of natiaonlism problem due to Iran's religious influence) and realized that their country must comes first over anything else, in 2005 it was the first time in history you see masses of Lebanese Muslims holding the Lebanese flags in protests, prior to that it was always some Arab flags, Palestine flags, some Leftist s**t flag...etc; but this it was bit too late still.

And not every natioanlism is ultra-nationalism, I see a lot of leftists are too black/white thinkers mix the two and view any nationalism as ultura-nationalism but this simply isn't true.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 2:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
And not every natioanlism is ultra-nationalism, I see a lot of leftists are too black/white thinkers mix the two and view any nationalism as ultura-nationalism but this simply isn't true.

Ethnonationalism isn't restricted to the far-right. You know that right? Countries considered far left like Israel, Russia, North Korea and China are highly ethnonationalistic. Most of the middle east (where you live) are ethnonationalists.

Slightly off topic but I have been watching muslim podcasts on the current schism in islam between sub-saharan African muslims and non-african muslims. There is an attempt by mullahs and islamic speakers and religious figures to stamp out concerns over ethnonationalism outside of sub-saharan Africa, pretending that the issue doesn't exist. The schism has become so bad that in the US african muslims have had to build separate masjids for their own people to pray as they are not welcome in mainstream mosques.

Ironically when I was in my 20s living in Malaysia I was close to becoming a muslim myself until I made friends with a Ugandan muslim. He educated me on Arab superiority and how it was like a sickness in the minds of virtually all Arabs and non-African muslims. Despite being born a muslim himself, he convinced me not to convert as he believed the "Ummah" were not actually practicing islam and the entire polity were heretics to concept of one humanity. It was an important decision on my part and led me on the road to becoming a critical thinker and looking at society with an objective mind.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2023, 3:59 pm

cyberdad wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Ethnonationalism isn't restricted to the far-right. You know that right? Countries considered far left like Israel, Russia, North Korea and China are highly ethnonationalistic. Most of the middle east (where you live) are ethnonationalists.

Slightly off topic but I have been watching muslim podcasts on the current schism in islam between sub-saharan African muslims and non-african muslims. There is an attempt by mullahs and islamic speakers and religious figures to stamp out concerns over ethnonationalism outside of sub-saharan Africa, pretending that the issue doesn't exist. The schism has become so bad that in the US african muslims have had to build separate masjids for their own people to pray as they are not welcome in mainstream mosques.

Ironically when I was in my 20s living in Malaysia I was close to becoming a muslim myself until I made friends with a Ugandan muslim. He educated me on Arab superiority and how it was like a sickness in the minds of virtually all Arabs and non-African muslims. Despite being born a muslim himself, he convinced me not to convert as he believed the "Ummah" were not actually practicing islam and the entire polity were heretics to concept of one humanity. It was an important decision on my part and led me on the road to becoming a critical thinker and looking at society with an objective mind.

North Korea and China did occur to me when thinking of ultra nationalism; but I was thinking more of Left in non-Leftist regimes, like your Left.

I don’t think most of the Middle East is ethnonational, except for Israel and Turkey perhaps, and Lebanon’s Christians - unless you consider “Arab” as ethnicity, which is not, it is just a linguistic group, not a single race.

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 8:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I don’t think most of the Middle East is ethnonational, except for Israel and Turkey perhaps, and Lebanon’s Christians - unless you consider “Arab” as ethnicity, which is not, it is just a linguistic group, not a single race.

Kurds are in the Middle East and are ethnonationalist, despite having no sovereignty.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 8:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Hmmm. I have seen other people's experience what I would consider evidence of ethnonationalism in the middle east. For example my Ugandan friend who is a sunni muslim had lived and worked all over the middle east prior to coming to Malaysia as a professional engineer working for Petronas (Malaysian oil company). He articulately said that older Arabs were blatantly xenophobic (keep in mind this back in the early 1990s) and younger generation were becoming more sophisticated in hiding their xenophobia masked as cultural/tradition/practice

A simple example I witnessed first hand is a modern Arabic woman happily share a taxi with "western men" (even if they are not muslim) because she is progressive but when a sitation arose there is a black man in the taxi she said that it's "haram" (even if he's muslim) and wait for another taxi.

Another example I experienced was a friend who was a older female convert (French) working in Malaysia who was in her 50s. She had two daughters in their 20s living In France. She had Arabic women come up to her in the mosque enquiring about her daughters for their sons. When she showed them photos she said 100% of the time their smiling faces vanished and they suddenly had a pressing engagement that they had to attend to. She knew why. Her husband was a African muslim from Sudan. The women in her mosque thought a blonde muslim wife would be desirable for their sons so she had no shortage of enquiries. Their hopes were dashed when they saw the photos.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Mar 2023, 1:44 pm

slam_thunderhide wrote:

No that is just CCP propoganda, who in all probability might be the ones behind this whole woke vs. rightoid mess in the first place (although I'm not entire sure.) Also the American militiary is, and always will be stronger than China's despite the lower population.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:

No that is just CCP propoganda, who in all probability might be the ones behind this whole woke vs. rightoid mess in the first place (although I'm not entire sure.)

I believe that. I don't put anything past the CCP ever since I learned that Hollywood and the video game industries are in their pockets now.