Question about the Andrew Tate crime case.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 1:22 am

I came across the case and found it interesting.  I'm not intending for this thread to go off on a tangent about Tate, but was just curious in keeping it just about the crime case itself.

I was wondering, I read that the prosecution has not disclosed the evidence to the defense yet, but he was arrested about two months ago, and is due to be released at the end of the month it seems.

I was wondering, if the prosecution has not disclosed it's evidence to the defense yet is that a bad sign?  Also, the phone call the police got about a woman who Tate was holding captive at his place he was staying at, yet the police couldn't find her.

Is this woman still missing?  I have found mixed information on this, if there is more certain information on it?  Thank you very much for any input on this.  I really appreciate it.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 2:07 am

Are you asking about the specific case or the Romanian legal system or the credibility of the witnesses or the allegation that the CIA set him up?

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 2:24 am

The specific case as in what the prosecution has and why haven't they disclosed it to the defense yet?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 4:23 am

ironpony wrote:
The specific case as in what the prosecution has and why haven't they disclosed it to the defense yet?

Simple, the evidence is not sufficient. The original "allegation" stemmed from one woman who knew Tate who alleged she was trafficked by the Tate brothers. Her story was then passed by US authorities to the Romanians who then detained and jailed the Tate's without trial. Since then many other "alleged" witnesses who were associates of the Tate brothers have withdrawn their testimony.

The Romanian prosecutors are activating their law of detention extending the detention > 30 days without trial in order to find dirt on the brothers.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2023, 10:33 am

Oh okay, why did they withdraw their testimony if there was a clear motivation for withdrawing?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2023, 1:58 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh okay, why did they withdraw their testimony if there was a clear motivation for withdrawing?

That's the question? something is suspicious.