Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 9:52 am

First off, welcome to Wrong Planet.

You asked "Did anyone else go through a similar mourning phase?"

In my case I would answer NO. I am 74 years old and figured out that I had Asperger's Syndrome around 4 or 5 years ago. So I started exploring. This website has a diverse group of individuals. Some are Aspies but many fall into other areas. To make things even more interesting, I suffered a massive stroke about 2 years ago. This is the type of stroke that people normally do not recover from. BUT I AM MAKING PROGRESS. So after my stroke, I began exploring in more depth why I am different from others (NTs). It was really interesting. The cause of my difference was due to an event that happened to me when I was around 3 years old. I died. I was a young boy and a large bull struck me and damaged the left side of my brain. I awoke and saw my body on my bed. It looked dead. I saw my parents standing next to me in great terror and shock. A voice said "Live or Die, your choice." I do not know where the voice came from. But because I saw the horror and pain in my parents eyes, I said LIVE. I came back but as a very, very different person. It was a brain flip. My right side, my nighttime brain came on line and I have lived my life as a very different person (Asperger's Syndrome). Eventually, my left side of my brain came back and healed. But it is now and has been my night time brain that exist in the REM and deep NREM sleep states. Strange as it may sound, humans are one of the most complex creatures that have ever existed.

So in answer to your original question. I would answer NO, I went into a very rapid learning phase and I am still learning despite the effect of a massive stroke.