Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2023, 7:45 pm

What kind of examples of students correctly or wrongfully accused of cheating have you heard of?

Maeko
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 6:41 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
What kind of examples of students correctly or wrongfully accused of cheating have you heard of?

Cheating is cheating. I don't think it matters.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 10:10 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Whenever I aced a test or exam, someone would wrongfully accuse me of cheating, even if they were not in the same room when I took the exam.

Administrators would also accuse me of cheating -- "No one ever aced that exam before" was their only 'proof'.

Some people never need to cheat.  I am one such person.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 11:30 am

I heard during Covid all the remote learning students had to take crazy measures to prove they weren't cheating during their home exams. Fortunately my exams were completed long before that time so I didn't have to deal with that.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 11:56 am

I don't think I ever cheated.
I don't think I ever studied either.

I don't think I felt enough shame over a bad result to justify the effort cheating would likely require, even if I didn't have any moral qualms about cheating.

Here's what cheating looks like. Pay attention to the angle of the front sheet metal (angled down), the windshield (layed back a few more degrees), the angle of the rear sheet metal (angled up), the roof (chopped)... and that's just what's obvious. 8)

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 12:08 pm

Not so much accused, but more like encouraged. While at the CCTA college, our nat.dip.gen.eng. course had been shortened first fro. five years to three, and the year I enrolled it had been shortened to two years, so we were being taught with some students who had been on the course a year before we had as it was three years whe they started!
I was personally having a hard time in maths. Mathematics is a subject I either "Got", where I came out top (*) or failed and would likely come out bottom and I did not have a clue why until about a year or two ago my Mum asked me why I took so long to do a bit of mental arythmatic and I told her how I did maths in my head, by visualizing pictures of dots. It was then I discovered why! Because I can't visualize words like my Mum does. (Mum visualizes words to do maths so she would do mental arithmatic by visualizing "Six plus two equals eight" and not "6+2=8" while I would be doing this " :::+:= :: :: " (The answer eight is two groups of four in my mind if that makes sense?)
In order to use letters in maths I had to either immediately convert them into dots in numerical form so I could visualize them, or I would "Surface think" which is hard to des ribe, but I can't think deeply at all in surface think mode. The last maths exam I took I was able to surface think through the lot and had 100% in it. Still had a C as they did not do A paper night classes in the area where I lived as I assumed they didn't think night class people were inteligent? Who knows!
But whenever I have to think deeply about anything, I go into picture mode and the only way to do maths in picture mode is to think in pictures of dots! I can't think words in picture mode but I can think scenes and translate those scenes into words. My Mum is different in that everything for her is thought of in word form! She thinks in written words! She learned to read and write when she was two and a half and by the time she was six, had read most of the adults books in her small local library which her aunt ran next door to her house. Mum reminded me of "Johnny Five" when he read a book and said "Need more input!" : D

Sorry. Sidetracked. The two year course at college. I was the only one who refused to cheat so I did not pass. The only other in the whole class who did not cheat was an exceptionally intelligent young man called Mark. The lecturers were almost pushing the answers in front of us to try to help us pass because if we did not their jobs were on the line, and everyone knew that two years was far too quick for what they had to teach us so we would pass the exams! I refusedto look or be part of it, but I was also bullied at the time from the whole class so I wanted out of the exams early to avoid co.ing into contact with anyone else.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2023, 12:27 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
I don't think I ever cheated.
I don't think I ever studied either.

My youngest brother sat his exams each year without the slightest bit of revision and got top marks in his class every time. He never bothered with further education as he saw the folly of the profit making system! He educated himself on any subject he needed instead.