I think I'm getting tired of video games...

Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 11:08 pm

I feel bad because my mom got me a new xbox one for Christmas but I just can't seem to enjoy video games anymore like i used to when i was younger. Maybe i've finally outgrown video games? :|

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Feb 2023, 4:22 pm

I go through periods, sometimes months, sometimes years, where I lose all interest in them.

Then I'll discover a series and binge them for awhile, like now with Yakuza. But when I was kid I could pretty much play anything, don't really have the patience or the time for that anymore. I find I usually need a good storyline to keep me going these days.

So it may be like that for you. Maybe it's just part of being an adult, kind of a 'been there, done that' thing maybe?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 4:47 pm

Could be...

The nostalgia might be the thing that still keeps me attached to gaming more than anything else.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 4:57 pm

I got bored of games in my early 20s having been totally obsessed in my teens. Didn't play much of anything until covid lockdown then I rediscovered my fondness for it. Take a break, come back to it. It's all good.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:11 pm

Maybe I will, and this time I will hold onto my old video games since I don't really care much for most of the newer ones. :)

Sigi

25 Feb 2023, 6:41 pm

Hanging on to them is a good idea. I sold a lot of old games for a pittance to gamestop and could cry when I see the price of some of them :cry: now

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 7:07 pm

Sigi wrote:
Hanging on to them is a good idea. I sold a lot of old games for a pittance to gamestop and could cry when I see the price of some of them :cry: now

I feel ya on that. I could kick myself for not taking better care of my old games and game systems. :(

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 7:34 pm

Sigi wrote:
I go through periods, sometimes months, sometimes years, where I lose all interest in them.

^ This

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 10:24 am

I might try to give my Xbox One another chance today since I will have more free time to enjoy games. I managed to save enough Microsoft points to download a DLC for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion called "Knights of the Nine" and Id hate for it to go to waste. :)

Sigi

27 Feb 2023, 10:35 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I might try to give my Xbox One another chance today since I will have more free time to enjoy games. I managed to save enough Microsoft points to download a DLC for The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion called "Knights of the Nine" and Id hate for it to go to waste. :)

Oh that's a good one

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 10:37 am

Sigi wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Oh that's a good one

I agree and so is Shivering Isles. :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 10:42 am

It happens.

It might be worthwhile to try types of games outside of what you normally play. Years ago I went through a period like this, I ended up buying rFactor for like $10 and once I got over the learning curve I've been into it ever since.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 11:37 am

That's a good idea. Maybe it really would be a nice idea to try games I dont normally play? :)

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 11:44 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
That's a good idea. Maybe it really would be a nice idea to try games I dont normally play? :)

What I found recently was that investing money in a game encouraged me to play it properly. I had a game pass and I'd just try 20 random games and give up on them really quickly.

When I'd blown £30 on a game I really invested some time in it and it was more rewarding.

Reminds me of when I was a kid and I had maybe 3 games for my Master System the entire time I owned it but I played those three games to death. That was somehow better than endless choice...

None of that may apply to you, of course.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 12:13 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

Simulators are good for encouraging a lot of time investment, just because the initial learning curve is steep so it's rewarding once you start seeing progress.

If you like flying/air combat DCS might be up your alley, but it might be Windows only.

If you like driving/racing, Assetto Corsa might be up your alley, it's available for Xbox One.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 1:04 pm

Honestly I always preferred games that would draw me into any kind of story or world to help me escape from reality. Some of my favorites include games like Legend of Zelda, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Fable, Yakuza, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, etc. :)