Enough with the Live Service games.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 12:31 pm

When will companies learn that not all internet connections are equal? In America, we have the worst internet compared to other countries and that's even if everyone here bought the highest speed every ISP provides. Games that require an always online connection even for single player will never be best sellers. Even on a best day, my own internet can disconnect for no reason and I have to restart the router.

This is the hill the Arkhamverse has chosen to die on. I had a lot of hype for Kevin Conroy's final Batman performance, but this live service crap has killed most of it. We've seen live service games come and go and they ended up getting shut down. Suicide Squad is unfortunately late to the party while the wounds of Marvel's Avengers' shut down are still fresh. What will make Rocksteady's game any different?

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 8:28 am

Yeah I agree, I'm getting tired of games that force us to stay connected to the internet. Im also tired of games that don't have a single player mode and force us to play online with others. I prefer single player games.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Mar 2023, 11:25 am

Not enough live service in the live service games. They usually just make a bunch of character costumes and hardly ever make new maps and weapons.

Campaign mode shouldn't be live service but there may be a hidden reason why they make campaign mode online only, for a cloud computing boost if consoles can't handle the computations.