Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 2:15 pm

How much foot and back pain have you had?

playgroundlover22695
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Feb 2023, 4:31 am

My back very rarely hurts unless I'm on my monthly cycle or I get sick with something like bronchitis or pneumonia which only happens about once a year, if that.

However, my feet hurt me a lot because I wear a lot of heels to work so I can look taller and more mature. Sometimes I experience a burning pain at the end of the day while other times, the pain is a throbbing sensation in the balls of my feet. My toes always hurt too. When I come home after work, I usually take a nice, hot shower and then try to massage my feet with lotion. When doing this, I always massage the balls of my feet with 2 hands and then I crack my toes. I try to focus on each foot for at least 10 minutes, depending if the circumstances permit. After I massage my feet, I put on my slippers to walk around in, which provides some comfort for me. oftentimes, I'm still walking around with aching feet, just in soft footwear. :roll:

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 10:29 am

I have a corn on my foot right now I am starting to treat. I have had Plantar Fasciitis several times in the past which has cause a lot of foot pain. It is a recurring problem for me. Not too much back pain, luckily.

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 6:08 pm

I have a connective tissue disorder that causes orthopedic problems, so quite a bit, I'm afraid.

I have found that sometimes I get active trigger points in my calves and that treating those can help with pain in my feet. It may be worth looking into if this is something you're struggling with.

Also, I have found mental health issues and stress greatly magnify physical pain, so it can be helpful to look at pain holistically. (Although I understand from personal experience that dealing with emotional things can be just as hard or harder.)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 12:20 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
How much foot and back pain have you had?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 12:25 pm

More than enough - Its hard to quantify though. Compared to what/whom?

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2023, 2:19 pm

I have some spinal cord damage, so chronic pain is part of my reality. My back pretty much always hurts, it's just a question of how bad is it that day and can I function through it, live alongside it, or is it making me a whiny jerk or rendering me utterly useless...

Thankfully I have more good days now than bad ones. This wasn't always the case.

Foot pain? I don't really deal with that much unless my nerve damage stuff really is acting up, but then it's only the one foot and only one type of pain.