Has this ever happened to you? Instant attraction.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 5:40 am

I was thinking about this lately:

Many years ago I was at a hifi show. It was at a hotel and all the hifi brands would hire out rooms and you walked through the rooms looking at speakers or amps or whatever. I was working so I had to speak to the reps.

Anyway in one room there was this rep. A young lady, about my age at the time, and the attraction I felt to her just hit me like a ton of bricks. This is the only time this has ever happened to me. I couldn't concentrate on anything she was saying because I was just bowled over by her.

Reps are often hot young ladies, because hifi tends to be the preserve of older dudes and sex sells speakers. But the weird thing was, she wasn't what you'd call a typical rep type at all. And not at all my usual type either. She was a large girl with dark hair and a lot of makeup. I don't recall much else about how she looked, just that she was big and I felt this insane magnetic pull from her.

So I spent all of 30 seconds talking to her about whatever, then I left. But it was significant enough that 20+ years later I still occasionally think of her and I'd love to know what that was all about and whether it was one-way only.

Anything like that ever happen to you?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 8:09 am

a few times. its not an indicator of if a relationship would have worked, it could have been a terrible relationship albeit with a lot of attraction.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 8:28 am

No, I'm sure it's got nothing to do with long-term relationship viability. It just stands out as an anomaly in my experience of attraction to women. Hasn't happened before or since. I don't normally feel attracted to women initially, even if they do tick my aesthetic boxes. I usually have to see them move, hear them speak and get to know them for a while before attraction kicks in.

This was instant, and immediately strong. It was weird. I have no interest in meeting this woman again (except to see if happened again) and no way to make that happen. I wouldn't recognise her if I did see her. It's not a 'lost love' thing. I have some of those, it's different.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 3:10 pm

Yup. It's happened before. One time I was doodling and a woman (whom I didn't know) sat down and started asking what I was drawing.

There was something about her, even though I didn't know anything about her really, that just stood out. She had an interesting look, dyed hair which was red on one side and blue on the other. I wanted to tell her about my drawing, but it mainly just came out as 'Well uh, I'm drawing yes, um, well uh'. :lol:

I couldn't help but feel drawn to her whenever I saw her passing by in the building. Which made little sense, rationally, we didn't know each other. Yet I felt like I did. She had this energy about her presence. Welcoming. Safe. Energetic yet balanced.

Then there was the time where I met an online friend for the first time. She wasn't my usual type, rather she was bubbly, extroverted and definitely a hugger. A complete opposite of me. Yet, I couldn't help but find her attractive when we first met.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 11:03 am

I was instantly attracted to a person 25 years ago. We are still married. In my case (1) he joined me in a special interest (2) had physical indicators of non-normative behavior, and (3) I was probably ovulating. Apparently he felt the same, or was responsive to my overactive pheromones. He was NT and pursued the lead.

Over the years I have been strongly physically attracted to others a couple dozen times. Some make me cringe: crushes on borderline slimy persons, some even "peer pressure" attraction. These I did not act upon, thank goodness and would have been refuted in any case. Some make me proud: attraction to respectable persons. I acted on a third of these in small ways and have no regrets.

As a passionate person, instant physical attraction can be a basis for a long, worthy, stable relationship. My BFF is a very dispassionate person and it would scare her to death. All types.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 5:51 pm

I saw someone recently who stood out as distinctive. She almost reminded me of an old-fashioned detective with the long coat. The way she walked as well. In tall heels (ow).

Her voice was almost transatlantic. Although I've never been good at placing accents. It had that sort of quality to the sound though. She was so modern in style, underneath the coat, yet at the same time it was like she'd just walked out of a movie set from the past. I was almost disappointed when she left. Silly I know, but a part of me wonders what kind of life she leads.