Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 7:34 am

Why is that a lot of short men who are 5ft5 have an easier time building a lot of muscle,?

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 7:47 am

Quote:
Height plays no significant factor in a person's ability to grow muscle. Whilst shorter people may appear to have gained more muscle in less time, it's simply because they need less muscle to fill out proportionally. In contrast, a taller individual with longer limbs may take more time to fill out.

https://kustomkitgymequipment.com/blogs ... le-growth/

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 8:12 am

Recidivist wrote:
Quote:
Height plays no significant factor in a person's ability to grow muscle. Whilst shorter people may appear to have gained more muscle in less time, it's simply because they need less muscle to fill out proportionally. In contrast, a taller individual with longer limbs may take more time to fill out.

https://kustomkitgymequipment.com/blogs ... le-growth/

All this.

Leverage… ye cannae change the law of physics, Captain. When I was training with weights I looked like Bambi on ice.

Who wants to look like a 5 foot cube anyway?

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 10:07 am

I know one guy who is 5ft5 does gymnastics and weighs 100 kg at 25 or 26 percent body fat.

Not sure if that’s healthy though?

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Mar 2023, 3:22 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Why is that a lot of short men who are 5ft5 have an easier time building a lot of muscle,?

I don’t think what you are seeing is an easier time building muscle. It is just a different body type with shorter limbs. It is more common to be short with bulging muscles than to be tall with building muscles. It is starting point not an end point.

The muscles aren’t going to bulge because they weren’t bulging to begin with.

For example: not everyone has a bicep that forms a ball when you flex it. People are born with that or got it in their teens from puberty. Someone does not get that from working out.

As far as whether short people should work out or whether tall people should waste their time, it is a bit irrelevant. Both people get some benefit and then plateau. Is it worth it for both? I think it is worth it for both if you are young enough to do it.

Generally, it is obviously better to be tall than short so I have no argument with that.