Are women attractive to this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Alrunner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2023, 7:40 pm

For years Ive always tried hard to look attractive and dress well when I go to school, work, friends partys and clubs, but no girls were into me. I feel like I been missing something here. As you know me I’m mostly a very quiet person and shy socially. Are girls be into me if I started talking or starting a conversation with them and getting to know each other and to see we have similar stuff in common, The personality I have, and sense of humor?

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 8:00 pm

What people find attractive is usually unique to them, unless you are talking about shallow people.

The only way to know for sure is to start conversations, get to know each other, and see if you have similar stuff in common. Humour can be hit-and-miss but if humour is a big part of your personality let it shine, it may scare people off, or it may have the opposite effect. My advice (Caveat emptor :jester: ) would be stay true to yourself and if that doesn't work, you haven't met the right person (which can sometimes take a long, long time).

Edit: Ahg! I just realised this is L&D and I've fallen for the trap 8O

Alrunner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Feb 2023, 8:18 pm

Humor such as jokes is sometimes I’m afraid of bringing up. Because wouldn’t know if the joke is offensive or not. And what you mean shallow?

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 8:29 pm

If you think a joke might be offensive then the chances are it will offend someone. Keep your humour PG rated until you know someone better and they understand your humour (i.e you are trying to laugh them into bed not offend them).

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2023, 11:56 pm

Contrary to popular belief, dressing nice on it's own isn't going to get you the girl. Don't get me wrong, it's doesn't hurt to look good, but it's not enough to attract women.

I know this because when I was in my early twenties, I took it upon myself to dress really nice to try and get a girlfriend and like you, women were not really into me either.

To be honest with you, dating is really really tough for autistic men. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you figure it out because the alternative can be quite sad and lonely.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 12:27 am

Recidivist wrote:
What people find attractive is usually unique to them, unless you are talking about shallow people.

The only way to know for sure is to start conversations, get to know each other, and see if you have similar stuff in common. Humour can be hit-and-miss but if humour is a big part of your personality let it shine, it may scare people off, or it may have the opposite effect. My advice (Caveat emptor :jester: ) would be stay true to yourself and if that doesn't work, you haven't met the right person (which can sometimes take a long, long time).

Edit: Ahg! I just realised this is L&D and I've fallen for the trap 8O

The luv trap.
Meh, at least you have a hammock. 8)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 12:31 am

Recidivist wrote:
(i.e you are trying to laugh them into bed not offend them).

:hail: :hail: :hail:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2023, 1:39 am

People get offended at all types of things so better just be who you are. You are NOT looking for someone who is offended by your humour, mannerisms, character etc. You are looking for the one who loves you as you are, so never hide who you are! Use your humour! Is better to accidently cause offense than to coupe oneself up in a basket where the real you is never discovered! Far too many people today end up dating basket cases because of this political correctness we call "Woke" has enclosed people into baskets! Is a false world where no one sees the real people or is willing to accept the real people inside if the lid comes off and they fall out!

Alrunner
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Feb 2023, 3:11 pm

Muse933277 wrote:

To be honest with you, dating is really really tough for autistic men. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you figure it out because the alternative can be quite sad and lonely.

Thanks Muse!

It’s probably just more of figuring out the social skill for talking to women

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2023, 8:57 pm

If you don't know someone too well I'd not do any humour that is too "weird". Coming from someone with a weird sense of humour :) Unless you get a hunch they're weird too. Not saying you are btw just my experience

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Feb 2023, 8:59 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
People get offended at all types of things so better just be who you are. You are NOT looking for someone who is offended by your humour, mannerisms, character etc. You are looking for the one who loves you as you are, so never hide who you are! Use your humour! Is better to accidently cause offense than to coupe oneself up in a basket where the real you is never discovered! Far too many people today end up dating basket cases because of this political correctness we call "Woke" has enclosed people into baskets! Is a false world where no one sees the real people or is willing to accept the real people inside if the lid comes off and they fall out!

Unfortunately this is the world we live in now!

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2023, 8:32 am

Alrunner wrote:
For years Ive always tried hard to look attractive and dress well when I go to school, work, friends partys and clubs, but no girls were into me. I feel like I been missing something here. As you know me I’m mostly a very quiet person and shy socially. Are girls be into me if I started talking or starting a conversation with them and getting to know each other and to see we have similar stuff in common, The personality I have, and sense of humor?

There are no "male clothes" on Amazon in the sense of actual male clothes, such as a Peacock or something.

In the past, males dressed in a more appropriate manner:
Example of appropriate male attire: