Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2023, 10:19 pm

Quantum duck wrote:
I homeschooled my kids. One of the responses I gave when people asked me why was “if anyone is going to brainwash my kids, it’s going to be me.”

My oldest put herself in high school. They said the pledge every morning. The second week she informed me “ I’m good with it now - “potentially” scans exactly the same as “under god” and I can believe that.” She literally stood there every day and said “one nation, potentially with liberty and justice for all.” That came from her.

that's pretty clever, awesome, and accurate!

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 4:16 am

Quantum duck wrote:
I homeschooled my kids. One of the responses I gave when people asked me why was “if anyone is going to brainwash my kids, it’s going to be me.”

My oldest put herself in high school. They said the pledge every morning. The second week she informed me “ I’m good with it now - “potentially” scans exactly the same as “under god” and I can believe that.” She literally stood there every day and said “one nation, potentially with liberty and justice for all.” That came from her.

Just a question out of curiosity, how do you homeschool your children? You teach them yourself or you hire private teachers?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 5:04 am

Honey69 wrote:
The Pledge of Allegiance is political indoctrination.

It is upfront and unabashed indoctrination. Its also FAILED indoctrination...because no grade school aged child even knows the meanings of any of the words in the pledge. So it doesnt even work as intended. Lol!

I am still trying to figure out "one nation invisible".

Does that mean you can drive from Mexico to Canada without even seeing any part of the USA that you're driving through?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 5:48 am

I homeschooled in 4th grade and then from 6th grade on. If I had to do it over again, I would’ve went to school so I could’ve been exposed to things other than my family and cult’s brainwashing. I also needed more socialization.

Some homeschool experiences are better than others. I will say that when kids transfer back into public school in my district they are typically behind their peers and need to play catch up. That was my personal experience as well.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 7:53 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Honey69 wrote:
The Pledge of Allegiance is political indoctrination.

It is upfront and unabashed indoctrination. Its also FAILED indoctrination...because no grade school aged child even knows the meanings of any of the words in the pledge. So it doesnt even work as intended. Lol!

Does that mean you can drive from Mexico to Canada without even seeing any part of the USA that you're driving through?

inDIvisible- as in, cannot be divided. 'united' states of america after all

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 8:02 am

If their parents are rednecks or hillbillies, homeschooling is not recommended.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 8:15 am

Aspiegaming wrote:

Also not recommended for fundamentalists.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 9:00 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Also not recommended for fundamentalists.

I also would not recommend it for the children of tankies or else we might wind up with another cultural revolution.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 9:28 am

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... 6c3675c604

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 9:55 am

Honey69 wrote:
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/supreme-court-rules-on-communist-teachers?cmpid=email-hist-tdih-2023-0303-03032023&om_rid=28974fdf0c3aa1a8f8ed9d01d2fdc8ffe54b0cd3a3a9b254f4c9eb6c3675c604

...and?

What most people who defend communism today don't seem to grasp is the fact that while McCarthy had been a borderline American fascist the threat to us from communist countries was very real, and still is apparently thanks to all the 'useful idiots' who fall for their propaganda. :roll:

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:02 am

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Honey69 wrote:
https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/supreme-court-rules-on-communist-teachers?cmpid=email-hist-tdih-2023-0303-03032023&om_rid=28974fdf0c3aa1a8f8ed9d01d2fdc8ffe54b0cd3a3a9b254f4c9eb6c3675c604

...and?

What most people who defend communism today don't seem to grasp is the fact that while McCarthy had been a borderline American fascist the threat to us from communist countries was very real, and still is apparently thanks to all the 'useful idiots' who fall for their propaganda. :roll:

revolution is not a threat. it's more of a realization. Protecting capitalism is deplorable. Facts =/= propaganda (e.g. we know capitalism is not sustainable and harms many, many people, while communism, if performed correctly [which is admittedly hard to do] results in a sustainable, egalitarian world). While in those times communism would likely have been enforced violently in a hypothetical McCarthy-less world, that doesn't need to be the only way. Silent governmental reform and dissolution is ideal.

I'm a communist, and I'm proud of it. I dream of the day when Earth can be united under the hammer and sickle, equal and happy.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

03 Mar 2023, 10:18 am

:roll:

Utopias are always nice.
Until someone tries them in real life.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:20 am

Readydaer wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:
Honey69 wrote:

...and?

revolution is not a threat. it's more of a realization. Protecting capitalism is deplorable. Facts =/= propaganda (e.g. we know capitalism is not sustainable and harms many, many people, while communism, if performed correctly [which is admittedly hard to do] results in a sustainable, egalitarian world). While in those times communism would likely have been enforced violently in a hypothetical McCarthy-less world, that doesn't need to be the only way. Silent governmental reform and dissolution is ideal.

I'm a communist, and I'm proud of it. I dream of the day when Earth can be united under the hammer and sickle, equal and happy.

In my opinion tankies are just as irrational and dangerous to this world as Trump supporters and aren't worth wasting my breath on.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:21 am

naturalplastic wrote:

It means remember Sherman's march to the sea? Yeah, don't even think about it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2023, 10:42 am

Politics should be treated like religion. Keep it out of the classrooms.

Though children should learn that they should never trust politicians, and question or reject every political idea. Same goes for religion. Children should learn to never trust religious ideas, until their soundness is proven without a doubt.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 10:45 am

Silence23 wrote:
Politics should be treated like religion. Keep it out of the classrooms.

Though children should learn that they should never trust politicians, and question or reject every political idea. Same goes for religion. Children should learn to never trust religious ideas, until their soundness is proven without a doubt.

I agree with all this.