60% of men are single but only 34% of women are so…

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2023, 9:29 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
I don't understand this. We are all human beings.

As a male I no longer feel comfortable approaching women I don't know, offering help or trying to strike up a conversation. That's all, I mind my own business.

We aren't talking about approaching women. This is about conversations on WP.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 12:14 am

Fnord wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
60% of men are single but only 34% of women are . . . in America according to a Pew Research.

The math doesn’t add up, unless there’s a lot polygyny* going or a sudden increase of female homosexuality/bisexuality.

https://scrippsnews.com/amp/stories/stu ... re-single/

*or a lot of males are cheating, but wouldn’t be that scale of cheating unsustainable?

[opinion=mine]

Many women may equate "Not In a Relationship" as being single, while many men may equate "Not Being Married" as being single.

In other words, a man may think that as long as he is not married, he is single; but a woman may think that as long as she is not dating any one person exclusively, she is single.

Of course, these are mere assumptions on my part.

[/opinion]

:shrug:

That makes no sense; how comes men and women of the same country and same language group differ that much in defining the same thing?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 12:16 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Quote:
Individual people? yeah sure. I won't dismiss an individual woman experiencing depression from loneliness. Her experience is no less serious as some depressed lonely dude. Except, my point is the problem is more prevalent among males.
Even if it happened to be true, which I'm doubtful that it is, it IS being dismissive. This does not need to be about gender. Everyone who is struggling with loneliness deserves empathy. Making this just about males belittles the experiences of others, certainly of some of the female and nonbinary members of this site.

Sure...agree with what you say. But I'm male, so I tend to empathise with other males. If I stick my nose into other female's lives then that would be unfair to my wife, daughter and mother who are the only females I care about.

Heyy, talk about yourself.

I am offended. :mrgreen:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 12:59 am

funeralxempire wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Throwing around accusations of bias is fine, except without confronting the truth you can't actually solve the problem why 60% of men are single or why 1 in 3 men will never experience sex.

Except the study doesn't say that.

More than 60% of American men ages 18-29 report being single, compared to just 34% of women, according to a study by Pew Research Center.

But maybe it’s a generational thing, we will only know in 50 years or so.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 1:06 am

Twilightprincess wrote:

cyberdad wrote:
Sure...agree with what you say. But I'm male, so I tend to empathise with other males. If I stick my nose into other female's lives then that would be unfair to my wife, daughter and mother who are the only females I care about.

Maybe instead of male vs. female in statistics they should divide us by hair colour, eye colour, or the number of freckles on our left arm. I know I feel a higher degree of empathy for people with blue eyes than anyone else, although I do know some people with other colours of eyes and I can feel sorry for them too ... at times ... since that's only fair.

Sucks to be human doesn't it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 1:17 am

cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

As a male I no longer feel comfortable approaching women I don't know, offering help or trying to strike up a conversation. That's all, I mind my own business.

There’s a growing trend of males refusing to interact with females in any circumstances; even when the female is in need of help.
There had been few gym trap tiktok videos for “exposing gym creeps” - a tiktok woman sets a hidden camera and wears a super tight outfit and pretends to be struggling with some weight or some machine; then they make fun of any guy who tries to approach her.
Problem is, not only genuine harassers or creeps that got exposed, most often it’s just normal guys saying “Hi”, or “Do you need help?”, or “lemme help you”, then they make it viral and mock such guys for being “creeps” or “mansplaining”.
But there had been few videos lately of very attractive women who got in serious trouble with weight in gym (underestimating weight and got stuck), it is a dangerous state, yet guys around REFUSED to help, they just ignored them; probably because they have seen a camera been set and fears to be one of these traps for BS tiktok content creation.

Hey cyberdad,
Let’s create an awareness online movement!!

#onlyWomenMustApproachFirst #MenMustNoLongerDoFirstMove #evenInNonRomanceSituationsMenMustNotApproahFirst…

…. hmmm these are too verbose hashtags lol.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 04 Mar 2023, 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 1:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

There’s a growing trend of males refusing to interact with females in any circumstances; even when the female is in need of help.
There had been few gym trap tiktok videos for “exposing gym creeps” - a tiktok woman sets a hidden camera and wears a super tight outfit and pretends to be struggling with some weight or some machine; then they make fun of any guy who tries to approach her.
Problem is, not only genuine harassers or creeps that got exposed, most often it’s just normal guys saying “Hi”, or “Do you need help?”, or “lemme help you”, then they make it viral and mock such guys for being “creeps” or “mansplaining”.
But there had been few videos lately of very attractive women who got in serious trouble with weight in gym (underestimating weight and got stuck), it is a dangerous state, yet guys around REFUSED to help, they just ignored them.

Oh gawd -- I hate that crap from women. As I've always said, there are toxic people everywhere regardless of gender. This sounds like another instance of people dividing by gender, which is the very definition of sexism, as well as people exploiting or shaming others for their 15 minutes of internet fame. Nasty stuff.

Today I held the door open for a man and his young son who had their hands full. I have no idea how they reacted if at all since I was in front of them. I heard him thank me, but I don't know if he thought it was unusual. From what I've heard on social media it's rude and sexist for anyone to help another person especially if they're the opposite gender.

Bizarre.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 3:23 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
60% of men are single but only 34% of women are . . . in America according to a Pew Research.

The math doesn’t add up, unless there’s a lot polygyny* going or a sudden increase of female homosexuality/bisexuality.

https://scrippsnews.com/amp/stories/stu ... re-single/

*or a lot of males are cheating, but wouldn’t be that scale of cheating unsustainable?

[opinion=mine]

Many women may equate "Not In a Relationship" as being single, while many men may equate "Not Being Married" as being single.

In other words, a man may think that as long as he is not married, he is single; but a woman may think that as long as she is not dating any one person exclusively, she is single.

Of course, these are mere assumptions on my part.

[/opinion]

:shrug:
That makes no sense; how comes men and women of the same country and same language group differ that much in defining the same thing?
Why?  Evolution, probably.  Again, this is just an assumption based on what I have heard from both men ("It ain't cheating until you're married!") and women ("Sorry, I'm already seeing someone.").

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 3:56 am

I consider myself single because I'm not married.
Legally, the only choices are Married, Divorced, Separated, or Cohabitating.
"Dating" isn't a choice.

I am divorced but I refuse to identity in relation to that person for the rest of my life.
If I wanted to do that, I'd still be with him.

Does this study include all sexual orientations or is it heteronormative?
Are there separate stats for autistic or neuroqueer people?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 4:17 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

But there had been few videos lately of very attractive women who got in serious trouble with weight in gym (underestimating weight and got stuck), it is a dangerous state, yet guys around REFUSED to help, they just ignored them.

Oh gawd -- I hate that crap from women. As I've always said, there are toxic people everywhere regardless of gender. This sounds like another instance of people dividing by gender, which is the very definition of sexism, as well as people exploiting or shaming others for their 15 minutes of internet fame. Nasty stuff.

Today I held the door open for a man and his young son who had their hands full. I have no idea how they reacted if at all since I was in front of them. I heard him thank me, but I don't know if he thought it was unusual. From what I've heard on social media it's rude and sexist for anyone to help another person especially if they're the opposite gender.

Bizarre.

This ....

Led to this....

:lol:
Fnord was totally right about his "Avoid any interaction, even accidental eye contact, with women in any mean possible". I remember he recommends guys to carry a tablet all the time for that.

But men...are learning and now listening to experienced men like Fnord .

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 04 Mar 2023, 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 4:31 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

After a prominent sexual harassment case here in Australia, many men refused to go out with women on a lunch break.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 4:53 am

Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

After a prominent sexual harassment case here in Australia, many men refused to go out with women on a lunch break.

What was the story?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 5:05 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Pepe wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

What was the story?

IIRC, an unfair sexual assault allegation by a woman against her boss.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 6:06 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

We aren't talking about approaching women. This is about conversations on WP.

Oh no, I'm talking about NT women in the outside world. I am not referring to female WP members.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 6:11 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
[

I am waiting for one of those men in the tiktok videos that went viral to take legal action against these tiktok thots. Imagine the repurcussions if they ended up losing their job because some onlyfans attention seeker set up a camera in a gym to entrap poor men.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

04 Mar 2023, 6:39 am

! Cornflake wrote:
Another pointless, discriminatory thread attempting to "prove" that (x) has it better/worse than (y) - and already demolished several times over yet the confirmation bias, anecdotal or misleading "evidence" gets reposted again and again.

I've also learned a new, offensive word: t-h-o-t; offensive enough to be added to the swear filter.

Thread locked.