Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 12:25 pm

What are some video games you really enjoyed that arent very popular or well-known among gamers?

For me:

Siren aka Forbidden Siren.

A Japanese stealth-based horror game that seemed to combine elements of H.P. Lovecraft with Japanese folklore and a little bit of Silent Hill thrown in. Basically you control 10 characters trapped in a cursed abandoned village who try to survive against ghoulish creatures and uncover what is happening.

Siren: Blood Curse aka Siren: New Translation.

Basically a sequel/reimagining of the first game only this time the playable characters are American tourists visiting the same cursed village.

Tokyo Jungle.

A game where you get a huge variety of animals to play as in a world where humans no longer exist!(because they all went extinct) :D

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 9:50 am

Lone Survivor: The Director's Cut was another good one. Basically a 2D version of Silent Hill.

https://youtu.be/4FHKBJG-w5Q

Also I remember fondly playing Resident Evil: Outbreak when I was a teenager. The online Resident Evil game that let you control 8 civilians of Raccoon City as they fight their way through the zombie infested familiar locations of Resident Evil 2 and 3 such as the underground laboratory and the hospital.

That game was ahead of its time... Too bad File#2 wasn't as good.

Sigi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Mar 2023, 12:36 pm

I can't work out what the hell is going on in siren, and I love silent hill.

New translation was good, but very dark, I couldn't see what was going on half the time. Would like to try the 2nd if they ever release it.

Control is a very good game. It doesn't look it and the first hour is a slog I must say, but it has some of the best gameplay I've experienced in years. It's surreal but once the story got going I couldn't put it down, got the DLC too (there's an alan wake themed dlc if anyone likes that series). I've not seen many people talk about it and that's a real shame.

Get Even is a psychological FPS game made by a Polish studio, where you have to use a memory device to unravel a terrorist incident at the behest of a scientist who believes you are involved. Very hard to even explain the story without spoilers though. It's a tragic and fairly unique tale and the games crosses over into several genres, including horror at times with detective elements. Great soundtrack too. It wasn't really advertised and from first look it seems like a generic war FPS but it's so good. Some of the gameplay is a bit dated and it's not triple AAA so the graphics can be a bit last gen but it's worth a look.

Then there's SOMA, A horror game from the same team that made amnesia. I've spoke about it before but it's one of my favourites, although never got the same attention amnesia did (and it's much better imo)

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 5:44 pm

Aviary Attorney - Visual Novel set in 1848 Paris, France. The characters are humanoid animals an artist from that time period drew. It is a detective game!

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?